Cannot login with data of new user

kissinger

Hallo!

I use the juser-form-plugin for registration of new users within the fabrik-system. But then I can not login with the access-data username and password. Also I see that the record for password in Joomlas users-table and in the fabrik-user-table are for the same user are different.

Bevore I chance the provider the registration works fine, may be there is a connection?

Thank you!

Bevore I chance the provider
First of all: I assume you've copied your site. Did you open + resave the fabrik connection?

Edit:
Issue confirmed (running latest GitHub)
The password set in Joomla users is wrong: as you've said it's different in the DB and after setting it directly in Joomla users the user can log in.

Hallo troester,

I uploaded the last GitHub now (64) and registered a new user, but I cannot login.

Look, I take the password "test123" and in the password-field of Joomlas's users-table is saved:

02d535a41ccdb525c48bd28d8acf4017

and in my fabrik-table the password for this new user is saved as:

$2y$10$kv6HB0TkutHEn4jhK9Poz.FJG3UjbX0YfFuzKfrv53Z4izX4u3LUi:mK1tzUsFToQDmeN79jZdy3HqqCSadD0j

I see the saved passwords in this tables are always different, but on my old server I can login. Now I'm on a new server (after Akeeba/Kickstart) and it does't work. Of course the new user is not blocked.

Now I copyed the password from the fabrik-table and insert it in Joomlas users-table.

and now it works, I can login.

Thank you!

Ooops. That last one was me, forget to log out of the test user I was using while fixing some subscription issues.

-- hugh

Working on it atm.

Can you try something for me. Go to your extensions manager, find the "User - Joomla!" user plugin (not a Fabrik, plugin, the built in Joomla one), edit the setings, make sure "Strong Passwords" is selected, and save again. Even if it was selected, still save it.

Then try another user creation through your Fabrik form.

-- hugh

Hallo Hugh,

the "Strong Password" - setting was on "Yes", I don't change ist and save the plugin.

Then I reigtred an new user and now this user can login.

Also in the Joomlas users-table and in the fabrik-table now are the same passwords.

Thank you!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back