cant install / J 1.5.14 / fabrick 2.rc4

ARTTURO

Hi good day .... i can't seem to install ...i did try for the last five hours read all treads and info how to install before writing on wall ...

im using php 5.2.9 mysql 5.0.85

error msg: Unable to find install package

don't know what to do ..and i really want to get this component working to start ... will subscribe once i get the hang of it ....

thx artturo

Did you download the rc4 recently from the site? Because there was a problem at some point.

Maybe you can try a recent nightly build instead.

I just downloaded rc4 because I also couldn't install it, and it still gives the message "There was an error uploading this file to the server." and also "Unable to find install package".

Any ideas where to go next?

perhaps the zip file size is larger than your server settings will allow.
In that case you need to ftp up the zip (I think or perhaps the uncompressed files) to your server and use the 'Install from Directory' option.

hth
Rob

Hi

I think Rob is right.
I am trying to configure a server online and have the same problem and same error message.

If you can change the php.ini file server or if you have the opportunity to create a htaccess file or a configuration file for the specific domain (such vhost.conf) then you must increase the following value:

upload_max_filesize

Basic PHP setting for this value is a 2 MB, and the last fabrik file is 2 MB
So yes, there was an installation problem.

I increased this value to 10 MB and everything works.

I have also benefited to increase the following values - for the blank install page probem with some components:
memory_limit to 64 MB (original 32 Mo)
max_execution_time 90 (original 30 - seconds)

The interest to these changes in a separate file keeps intact your php.ini
Also not everyone has access to that file, you need a dedicated server or virtual. On a shared hosting you can normally edit the htaccess

Voil? :)

Hi all,

MagI, you mean that one shouls add the following lines to the .htaccess?

upload_max_filesize = 10M
max_execution_time = 90
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 64M

Or should the be put in another file?
I cannot 'tamper' with the php.ini on the server I use

Hi

If you have no access to php.ini, yep you can use the .htaccess file
I hope your hosting company accept the .htaccess.
Some hosting company block this possibility

Installing the component, gives white screen

I repeatedly installed the component, from my pc, from the server, nothing functions.
The execution time probably is the issue, it's set to 30secs.
I am neither allowed to change the php.ini nor the htaccess gives me the possibility.
How can I solve this?
I used to have forms by Fabrik in my joomla 1.0, and I really like to have them back in my 1.5......

Can't the package be broken into two pieces? Each executing under 30sec?

Thx, Hans

Installing the component, gives white screen

I repeatedly installed the component, from my pc, from the server, nothing functions.
The execution time probably is the issue, it's set to 30secs.
I am neither allowed to change the php.ini nor the htaccess gives me the possibility.
How can I solve this?
I used to have forms by Fabrik in my joomla 1.0, and I really like to have them back in my 1.5......

Can't the package be broken into two pieces? Each executing under 30sec?

Or is there a possibility to unzip local, upload and install in some other way.

Thx, Hans

After contact with my host, I learned that the settings are:

upload_max_filesize = 12M
max_execution_time = 30
memory_limit = 32M

And it's not possible to change these settings.

Does this mean that I have to get another package?
That's a pity, as I liked Fabrik a lot.

Unless another way of installing, because I figure that the installation is killed by the short executiontime.

Regards, Hans

Have you tried 'install from folder'? That's the usual way to work around this. Unzip the component ZIP locally. Create a folder in your J! tmp folder, ftp everything from the ZIP to it, then point the J! component install at it and do 'install from folder'. Saves the upload and unzip time, and usually means you'll be well under the max execution time limit.

-- hugh

Have you tried 'install from folder'? That's the usual way to work around this. Unzip the component ZIP locally. Create a folder in your J! tmp folder, ftp everything from the ZIP to it, then point the J! component install at it and do 'install from folder'. Saves the upload and unzip time, and usually means you'll be well under the max execution time limit.

-- hugh

May be it is helpful - I had similar issue
- auto-install did not work
- tried install from folder in tmp not much success
- it gave access error to libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php
Other installations worked without any issue.
I configured ftp settings in Global Configuration - server
and the same package got installed (I tired for folder - did not try direct)

Rakesh

I have no idea why it would complain about access to the filesystem/folder.php file ... we don't try and overwrite anything in the main J! libraries, except to add a feed file for our RSS stuff.

So are you still unable to install?

-- hugh

I am also having installation issues. I was able to install the latest nightly build, but got this error after installation.

JInstaller::install: File '/....../tmp/install_4baccf9b24b4d/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_fabrik.plg.table.copy.ini' does not exist.

So we're talking about Fabrik 2.x here, right? not Fabrik 1? (I ask before of the confusion between the thread's title and the forum it has been posted in...)

I am now having issues with installing plugins: I tried installing plg_fabrik_2.0rc4.zip and the cck plugin through the fabrik installer and both gave this error Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::store() in /home5/...../libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/plugin.php on line 180

I don't know about the cck plugin but I think plg_fabrik_2.0rc4.zip should be installed through Joomla's installer... isn't it the plugin to display fabrik content in joomla's articles?

Thank you. I have installed the plg_fabrik_2.0rc4 successfully through the default installer, but was unable to install the cck plugin. This is the message I got when attempting to JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/home5/..../plugins/editors-xtd/fabrik.php'. Please initially check whether:
? the Extension is already installed
? the file names in the XML file are spelled correctly
? there are no XML files listed inside the extension.xml file
? all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries
? there is an empty folder listed from a previous installation attemptinstall the cck plugin:

I looked in my folder briefly and there is a fabrik.php file in the /plugins/editors-xtd folder, but it's not listed under plugins in the back end.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back