Can't Install - Just a Blank Screen

JZach

I apologize if this answer is already up here, but I've spent a good majority of the last two days searching this forum and the joomla forums trying to just install.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and running a test site in MAMP with Joomla 1.5.10. I'd like to try Fabrik out, but can not. I've tried installing every version I can get my hands on with the same result: after I hit "Upload File & Install" I just get a blank screen.

I've also tried to install from directory with an unzipped folder in my tmp file. I get closer. Fabrik says to wait for three successful installs. I get one, and Fabrik does show up in my components menu. But, when I click to start a new database, I get the same blank screen.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Problem solved. The white screen of death in MAMP is from the php memory being set too low (mine was set at 8mb). Here's what I did in case anyone is interested:

? Went to the phpinfo tab (open start page to see that option) in MAMP and searched for "memory." There I found "memory limit" was set to 8mb.
? Then located the php.ini file. /Applications/MAMP/conf/php5/php.ini Open that file in textedit (on a Mac).
? Edit the memory_limit parameter in the php.ini file (usually in a section called Resource Limits), memory_limit = 64M. If there is no section already for this, place the above line at the end of the file.
? Restart Apache
? Re-installed Fabrik

Fabrik is working perfectly.

Correct, we do recommend a minimum of 32MB, and preferably 64MB. And it definitely won't run (or apparently install!) with 8MB or less.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back