Can't understand IE behavior

Hi Hugh,

The get_browser function cannot be used as it on shared hosting. The browscap.ini file is not reachable. Also $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] give inconsistent results. And I have not be able to make any kind of switch working in custom_css.php as you pointed. Too bad :-(

I've restarted from scratch. If I rename custom_css.php in order to be sure to use regular standard default template and css without any kind of customization, I have 3 different results depends of the browser (see screenshots) :
  • Firefox : everything fine apart the leftcol width easy to setup with the custom_css.php
  • Chrome : Same as firefox except the radio button are skeezed together
  • Explorer : radio button are rendered the same as in firefox but the values goes under the label instead of "inline"

This is a basic Fabrik form without any kind of formating. Am I the only one with this problem of standard formating between browsers ? It does not look good in IE, nor in chrome....

Attachments

• chrome.JPG
    chrome.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 371
  • explorer.JPG
    explorer.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 380
  • firefox.JPG
    firefox.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 364
Can you point me at the form? I'm seeing different results when I compare a simple form in the 3 browsers, so I need to look at your form alongside mine, and compare CSS and inheritance.

Which J! template are you using?

-- hugh

I've setup a testdrive in "mysites". You'll have to go to the front, connect using "rob/fabrik" and hit the menu item "nouveau b?n?ficiaire" to see the forms.
The J! template is a lightly modified version of the standard Beez20. I've tested with the unmodified Beez5 : it's the same.
Thanks to help me understand what's going wrong there :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back