Cascading Dropdowns throwing error on multi select rendering

automill

I have 3 dropdowns (from 3 different tables) on a form page as below:

1- Muliselect simple dropdown (enhanced dropdown selected, working perfectly) from Table 1

2- CDD, watching 1st simple dropdown (enhanced dropdown selected, working perfectly if rendered as dropdown or radio button) from Table 2

3- CDD watching 2nd CDD dropdown (enhanced dropdown, working perfectly if rendered as dropdown or radio button) from Table 3

The problem is, when I select multi-select dropdown or checkbox dropdown rendering in 2nd and 3rd CDDs, the elements throw error on save of CDD elements in backend.

Error on save is :
Code:
Error Code: 1146  Table 'MyDBName.#__product_list_repeat_select_place' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW INDEXES FROM `#__product_list_repeat_select_place`

Not found any previously answered question reg this problem in forum.

Regds,
Sunit

Last edited:
That's from almost 6 years ago, and pretty much every line in the CDD code has been rewritten since then.

The error msg you quoted doesn't really help, as you didn't use the actual table names in your description.

Is it literally giving #__ in the error, or are you just redacting your J! prefix?

-- hugh

Definitely CDD is working perfect. I have assessed that in case of multi-select rendering in CDD, it requires list join to get each row indexes for the items in table 1 and table 2 like here below:

Index table1 item table2 item
1 teacherA Student1
2 teacherA Student2

I have not joined the tables(lists), earlier in this case, so the error messages specifies the "repeat" suffix in error. Whereas the CDD working here on many to many relationships while sorting selectable data in case of muli-select rendering.

Sunit

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back