Change Width of Specific Display Element

longlam

Hi All,

Just wanting some help with the 'Display' Element plugin. At the moment in the bootstrap template it only has a width of 140px and is rendered as a label. How do I change the width of the element so that spans the entire width of the form? I want to use it to display information in the form (paragraphs).

For example:
<div class="control-group fabrikElementContainer plg-display fb_el_idps___organisational_competencies span12">

<label for="idps___organisational_competencies" class="fabrikLabel control-label">
<strong>Instructions for Team Member:</strong> Your manager will arrange a meeting with you in January to discuss your current performance and identify goals and performance measures for the year ahead. Please self assess and submit prior your scheduled meeting. The Individual Development Plan is also an opportunity to discuss any development training that might be required to ensure that you, the team member is adequately skilled to deliver the measures. </label>

<div class="controls">

<div class="fabrikElement">

<div id="idps___organisational_competencies" class="fabrikSubElementContainer">
</div> </div>

<div class="fabrikErrorMessage">
</div>

</div>

</div>

So it looks like the text is actually being placed in the label tag and not the actual element??

You can set "Show label" to "No", and it'll render in the element div. But you can't get it to span the entire width.

Best way to do that is to break your form up into groups, and use a group intro for the full width paragraphs.

-- hugh

Cool. Thanks Hugh. Just a note that if I set Show Label to 'No' it renders in the label not the element div. What I've done instead is set Show Label to 'Yes' Then use CSS to hide the label.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back