co.uk e-mail address issue <moved from incorrect forum>

mcorver

Hi all,

it seems that plugin type "field" + input type "email" + guess link type "yes" does NOT open up a users mail program if the e-mail address in the field ends with .co.uk (commun in the UK).
Is there a fix for that?

Kind regards
Maurice

And which Fabrik version?
3.0?
3.1/2/3?
Fabrik3.0.x and Fabrik3.1+ are different, switching from Fabrik3.0.x to Fabrik3.1+ is a migration (not just an update)

BTW: latest Joomla is 3.4, latest Fabrik (necessary for Joomla3.4) is 3.3.1

ok, I moved the thread to Fabrik3.1+ forum.

So you are running Fabrik3.2 on Joomla2.5 (this is possible but not so common)
With Fabrik3.2 (ie Fabrik3.3.1 meanwhile) on Joomla3 I can't replicate your issue, no difference between co.uk and other email addresses.

If you are going to update to Joomla3 anyway I would suggest to see if there are still theses issues.

You don't have to do this Fabrik migration stuff because you are already running Fabrik3.2

But keep in mind that with Joomla3 Fabrik needs a Joomla bootstrap template (BS2, compatible with e.g. Protostar coming with Joomla) and you have to switch your Fabrik list/form/details templates to the new Fabrik bootstrap ones.

Just FYI, we use either just the JMailHelper::isEmailAddress() helper, or (if your selected mailer in J! is 'php') we use the PHPMailer::ValidateAddress() as well, because the PHP mailer is a little more restrictive on what it considers a valid email address.

troester - I just mention this, so you are aware that address validation / recognition can depend on which mailer is selected in J!, although the differences are very small. However, afaik, in J! 3.x, .co.uk is recognized. I think in J! 2.5 there were some issues with double dotted addresses, although I don't recall co.uk ever being a problem.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back