Comment form plugin limit access

Mustafa_s

Hello,

I'm currently using the commenting form plugin, this adds a nice comment box (local comment settings) for each record. That works well but I have a few questions:

1) Why can users change what other users commented? Is this per design? If userX submitted a comment then userY can go to that record and double click on UserX's comment text and can edit the text. I removed the delete and reply buttons via CSS and would like to prevent this feature as well, is this possible?

2) How can I limit the comment box to only users in groupX? I want everyone in Registered group to be able to view but how can I limit the comments in-between groups? I would love it if the comment form was an element plugin with this option. Do the third party comment sources allow access levels to the comment box?

Thank you and regards,
Mustafa

Hello,

I'm currently using the commenting form plugin, this adds a nice comment box (local comment settings) for each record. That works well but I have a few questions:

1) Why can users change what other users commented? Is this per design? If userX submitted a comment then userY can go to that record and double click on UserX's comment text and can edit the text. I removed the delete and reply buttons via CSS and would like to prevent this feature as well, is this possible?

Users who have Delete access in the core Permissions for Fabrik (in global options) can delete and edit comments. By default is Managers, Administrators and Super Admins.

I suspect you are logged on as an admin.

I've updated the Wiki to mention this.

2) How can I limit the comment box to only users in groupX? I want everyone in Registered group to be able to view but how can I limit the comments in-between groups?

There currently is no feature to allow this, it would have to be added. Which would require one or more people to fund the work.

I would love it if the comment form was an element plugin with this option.

Have you tried the 'notes' element plugin? It allows you to use any table as a notes table (by specifying the foreign key field and the notes field), and I think allows you to add normal element ACL permissions.

Do the third party comment sources allow access levels to the comment box?

Nope.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back