Compatibility

poni

"For both Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3. "
Compatible with Joomla 3.2 +.
Contains bootstrapped templates, and several new options for tight integration with the bootstrap framework

I underlined what write in download section of Fabrik 3.3.3. : "For both Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3. "
Can I install Fabrik3.3.3. on Joomla 2.5.
Thank you very much!

It might work, but we *strongly* discourage it, as J! 2.5 is way past end of life, and we no longer code for it. Which means code we are now writing is not written against or tested on J! 2.5, and we don't provide support for it.

That will become fully "official" at the end of this year, when we will formally announce that we no longer support J! 2.5. At the moment, we really only provide "legacy" support for people already running Fabrik on it, not new installs.

-- hugh

It might work, but we *strongly* discourage it, as J! 2.5 is way past end of life, and we no longer code for it. Which means code we are now writing is not written against or tested on J! 2.5, and we don't provide support for it.

That will become fully "official" at the end of this year, when we will formally announce that we no longer support J! 2.5. At the moment, we really only provide "legacy" support for people already running Fabrik on it, not new installs.

-- hugh
OK.From admin site in installed Fabrik 3.3.3. i can't see joomla 2.5 form and list templates , but I can see them from files.How can I use them in new Fabrik 3.3.3. I like "bluesky".This "bootstrap" is unfinished! Thanks!

I'm actually going to amend my answer to No, Fabrik 3.1+ does not run on J! 2.5.

The bootstrap template is extremely easy to customize with a custom CSS.

-- hugh

Bootstrap is not unfinished!, it needs a bootstrap frameword (i.e. a Joomla template supporting bootstrap).
In Fabrik3.3.3 the old Fabrik3.0/J!2.5 templates are in tmpl25.

In any case an upgrade from Fabrik3.0 to Fabrik3.3 is a migration, see WIKI
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-fabrik3-0-9-to-fabrik3-1-j-3-4/
Bootstrap is not unfinished!, it needs a bootstrap frameword (i.e. a Joomla template supporting bootstrap).
In Fabrik3.3.3 the old Fabrik3.0/J!2.5 templates are in tmpl25.

In any case an upgrade from Fabrik3.0 to Fabrik3.3 is a migration, see WIKI
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/migrating-fabrik3-0-9-to-fabrik3-1-j-3-4/

May I rename tmpl25 to tmpl , or copy/past from tmpl25 to tmpl ?? What is better . Sorry for - "unfinished".

In J!2.5 it should fetch/show the templates from the tmpl25 folder, nothing to rename etc.

But as already said:
you must migrate
no support

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back