content repeated in different records

theboss

discovered now, after 400 records ... :(

simple numeric field with validation for numeric only value.

fbe.gif

today records affected are 486, data entered by users in that fields are overwritten with that value during the "Save" step.

Joomla 2.5.6/Fabrik 3.0.6.3

Is this a fabrik list linked to an existing database table?

What are the element settings?
What are the column types in the database table?

thanks for reply troester.

It is a Fabrik list created via Fabrik form, element is numeric and not indexed, without any validation plugin or other control.

to help you I can say that value (2147483647) appeared the first time in first record of table(in field "minps1" as user input), and from that moment repeated in that field and in field "cfdurcnum" overwriting (and loosing) data saved by user, without a logical sequence in 350 records of 486 total.

sorry for poor english!

Exactly the same thing happened (that same number) in several of my records in a Fabrik table. The date the records were updated is 2012-09-19. That table is joined to Joomla users. Not sure what happened there, I may have done a github update or updated Users table changing all Joomla usernames. J 2.5.7 F3.0.6

I have found a solution at the moment, because I can play with another Joomla+Fabrik shared jocker account where backup my production site.

Changed field type for "cfdurcnum" and "minps1" from int() to varchar() and added validations for isnumeric for the first and isnumeric+noempty for the second, as my need.

To help you... there was first time for me in 6 forms where int() fields were used without validation plugins.

Now it works on my side, problem is not replicated, but I think a PROBLEM exists.

@theboss. Hmmmm. Are you sure this number was entered as user input? The number 2147483647 is very suspicious, as it's the maximum value of a signed 32 bit integer, in other words the largest number a normal "int" can be in most programming languages, or a "SIGNED INT" in MySQL. It's also a Mersenne prime, but that's not quite as suspicious. :)

Also, I'm confused, as in the first post you said "validation for numeric only", then in posts #4 and #7 you seem to be saying it had no validation.

@Saumier - did you have any validation on your element? If it's a simple field element, is it set to "Text", "Integer" or "Decimal"?

-- hugh

Also, I'm confused, as in the first post you said "validation for numeric only", then in posts #4 and #7 you seem to be saying it had no validation.

sorry, you're right, there was no validation on field and error was due to incongruity between field type and its parameters.

many thanks for the assistance.

In my records, the field is varchar(11) and no validation on the field.

I believe this was the situation when this happened:

jos_user (parent) left-joined to jos_profile (child)

I wrote a simple form to update jos_username with a calc using firstname & lastname from jos_profile. The affected field had nothing to do with those fields, it a a field in the jos_profile table.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm. So ....

@theboss - sounds like you situation is resolved? i haven't been able to repliacte this, or come across any other examples of that number overwriting existing data, so I have to assume it was something unique to your setup. If it happens again, let me know ASAP and I'll take a look at your site. But as it's no longer happening, i can't really make any intelligent guesses as to what happened.

@saumier - so is your issue repeatable, i.e. can you still provoke this error?

-- hugh

Hmmm. So ....

@theboss - sounds like you situation is resolved? i haven't been able to repliacte this, or come across any other examples of that number overwriting existing data, so I have to assume it was something unique to your setup.

yes, it's correct.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back