Copies of the same form don't work on the same page

softforge

I have 7 copies of a list, 1 for each day of the week. I have placed each of the 7 forms into 1 article using the fabrik content plugin. They all loads fine but only the first one saves. Also, only the first CDD works. :(

Looking at the HTML, the 7 copies of each element have the same id as each other which of course isn't allowed. I'm guessing this is the problem.

Can you think of any way round this? How about appending the form id on to the element's id? This would probably need to be an option (defaulting to no) to preserve backwards compatibility. I know how painful it can be when code stops working because things get changed.

What I have built would be a great solution if we can get it to work. You can see it on the diabetes site here:

/staying-healthy/alcohol/should-i-cut-down/do-you-know-how-much-alcohol-you-drank-last-week

Thanks for any help or suggestions... :)

That would require MAJOR surgery, and I don't see it happening any time soon, if ever.

Sorry. But you'll have to work out a different work flow.

-- hugh

I managed to find a way! :)

In case it is of any use to anyone else, I just created a simple view to the table for each form so it had a unique name to keep Fabrik happy but they all saved in the same table so the data didn't get segregated!

:D:D:D

Glad you sorted something out. I actually thought of that the day after I answered your post, but was driving around town at the time, and forgot to follow up on it when I got home.

And I *think* with such a simple view (I presume it's just "CREATE VIEW your_name AS SELECT * FROM your_table"), it may even be an updateable view, so you could submit through it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back