CSV import not overwriting/updating - creating new records

shaughan

I have a companies table, pretty basic fields. I export some complete records to CSV, and import the same CSV, setting the import to overwrite OR drop data OR both - the import works fine, but new records are created each time, whereas I want the records updated. "Id" is my primary key in the table, and the 1st field in the CSV. It's not my editor (notepad ++), as I have got to the point of not even opening up the exported CSV, just export/download/import. What basic thing am I missing here? :)

OK, I just tested with the (pretty much) out of box settings ...

https://www.screencast.com/t/tOaeFcJ1r

... and it works fine in overwrite mode. That's the good news - it works. The bad news is I have no clue why it's not working for you. Can you provide some screenshots of your CSV settings?

-- hugh

Cheers Hugh, I have watched your video and adjusted my settings - the only difference was that I had front end export set to special as these tools won't be used by anyone other than super users. The acid test for me was exporting the CSV, and immediately importing the CSV - the records were not overwriting, just new records created. My suspician is that even though my id is set correctly and the CSV looks fine, the import process isn't finding the id and matching it to the row correctly. Yes, Ive tried with raw fields filled as well as an export with no raw.

I went and purchased a webcam today (lol) so I could have a chat to you tomorrow regarding my various issues in other threads. Would this time tomorrow be too gnarly?

Attachments

• fab_screen_csv.jpg
    fab_screen_csv.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Just Skype me (as in text, not video). I can't really expend much time on one--to-one stuff, as a standard sub only gets a limited amount of my time (really, it only pays for about 15 to 20 minutes of my time a month). So I just work through issues more or less chronologically, spreading my time between those who need it.

Is this on your Fujitsu site? If so, which list?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back