Database join element linked to DetailedViewForm of the joined table

Status
Not open for further replies.

piri314

Hi,

I have a table "Projects" which contains a database join to "Programmes".
In the DetailedViewForm of "Projects" I would like that the field/value of the selected programme is a link to open the DetailedViewForm of "Programmes".

How to do this ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

PIRINA

You would have to create a custom form template to do this,
See here for details of how to create a new template:
http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&topic=1778.0

say your programmes table has an id of 1, you would need to create a new template for the projects formm edit its template.php file and add in the following html

Code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=viewTable&tableid=1">View programmes</a>

cheers
Rob

I'm sorry, maybe I was not clear

A Project Item is supported by only one Programme Item.
What I understand from your indications is for all the table Programmes, not for the exact one.

That's right ?

Pirina

In which case it's still a custom template issue, it'd just need slightly more code to detect the element you need to wrap a URL round.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I made the custom Tamplates for each master table of my site... In this case, one of the Project's element (datajoin to one item to Programmes EU) have to open the DeatailedViewForm of this Programme's item.

Projets (Projects) > Form (based on mint)
Programmes EU > Form (based on mint)

How to do this ?

Thanks for the help.

PIRINA

Pirina LATCHKOVA said:
Hi Hugh,

I made the custom Tamplates for each master table of my site... In this case, one of the Project's element (datajoin to one item to Programmes EU) have to open the DeatailedViewForm of this Programme's item.

Projets (Projects) > Form (based on mint)
Programmes EU > Form (based on mint)

How to do this ?

Thanks for the help.

PIRINA

Pirina,

Rob and I discussed this, and decided that rather than have you build custom PHP templates, we will implement in 1.04 a feature we've already added to 2.0, which lets you define "detail link url's" on a per element basis. Right now we only provide them on a per table basis in 1.04.

This change will then just let you enter the URL you want an element to link to, using the elements own value as the 'rowid'.

We've flagged this change as High Priority, so it will get done as soon as humanly possible.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back