Display a date older than 1901-12-13 with Fabrik

infusio

Hello everybody.

For a website, I would like to display values from a database column that contains dates older than the 1901-12-13.
Is it possible to do that with Fabrik ? Because currently, when I display dates, Fabrik converts all the oldest dates to 1901-12-13.
After some research, I believe this issue is due to the valid range of a timestamp (from Fri, 13 Dec 1901 20:45:54 GMT to Tue, 19 Jan 2038 03:14:07 GMT).
Is there nevertheless a solution to display these old dates in a Fabrik List ?

Thank you !

Can't be done, as we use J!'s date library, which in turn uses features of PHP which limit dates to "the start of the UNIX epoch".

We're hoping that once J! 3.x rolls around, with a minimum requirement of PHP 5.3, which vastly improves PHP's native date handling, this restriction may go away. Until then ... sorry.

-- hugh

Ok. In my case, this is a big problem because I develop a website for a geneology association... :)
For the time being, I think that I will store in database my dates like a string even if I will have problems to apply filters.

Thanks for you fast response.

Hello everybody.

For a website, I would like to display values from a database column that contains dates older than the 1901-12-13.

As I said, birthday element is for this. It is able to display dates since 0001-01-01.

Sorry jaanus, i was about to follow up and say to use the 'birthday' element, but you beat me to it.

Infusio - you'll have to update from github, then "discover" all the non-core plugins via J!'s standard extension manager.

-- hugh

Infusio - you'll have to update from github, then "discover" all the non-core plugins via J!'s standard extension manager.

Thank you very much ! I downloaded and installed from Github and it works.
Unfortunately, I have always a little problem. With the date core plug-in, it is possible to filter data with a range. Is it possible to do the same thing with the birthday plugin-in ? Because by default, the field is not recognized like a date.

That means?

The "date" plugin provides a type of filter "range". This filter allows to filter the view's data between 2 dates. These dates can be chosen by date pickers.
But with the "birthday" plugin, dates appear like a text value in filters. Is there a solution to have date picker with "birthday" plugin ?

The "date" plugin provides a type of filter "range". This filter allows to filter the view's data between 2 dates. These dates can be chosen by date pickers.
But with the "birthday" plugin, dates appear like a text value in filters. Is there a solution to have date picker with "birthday" plugin ?

Unfortunately no. And even if it was then (as I know) it wouldn't have good relationships with old dates.
Tested and I can additionally say that this date picker converts data anyway to datetime format before displaying even the field behind it is DATE

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back