Element Icon

rowanwins

Hi guys,

Im trying to display a link element as an icon but Im having some issues.

Scenario is I have a table of mp3s, rather than showing the URL I'd like people to click on my .png file and then the mp3 pops up.

Using a link element I've managed to get the static ico showing up but I now can't get it to link, I've tried entering {talks___URL2} into the custom link field but that isn't doing it.

I also tried implementing an alternate approach I saw on the forum storing the url in a field and then creating a calc element to generate the icon, that worked except that when I tried to fill in the form I get a forbidden error meaning I can't do any data entry.

Any ideas about the best way to achieve this?
Thanks,
Rowan

What exactly do you mean by "a forbidden error"?

Can you post a screen shot of your element settings, with the List Settings tab open?

I want to make sure I get the exact same setup, so i can test it for you here.

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits,

Below is the error I get when I try the calc and field elements together. As I said it displays correct, its just when I try and save the form.

I also just tried and unpublishing the calc field so that I was just saving the web address in the field element but that process returns the same error, is there any reason why I couldn't put a web address in a regular field element?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /talks/form/1/0 on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks for your help on this one. It might be easier to send you a login rather than lots of screenshots :)

Hmm im now thinking that it might be a mod security thing on my server as I've found another page exhibiting similar behaviour. Will keep you posted...

Okay so there were some mod security issues preventing the form from being completed but they are now resolved. For the unitiated mod security is something controlled by your web hosts, contact them and they can resolve it.

Yup, that's whay I asked about the 'forbidden' error. That is almost always down to mod_security triggering on a false positive, which has to be fixed by whoever runs the server.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back