element recaptcha not respecting theme and language settings

zesu

Hi

I just created a captcha element and choose to use recaptcha.

The theme is stuck on "red" and there is no language code put into the output page.

I have a look at the code in plugins/fabrik_element/captcha/recaptcha.10/recaptchalib.php, it seems that the theme and lang is ignored in the function call.

And the recaptchalib seems to be an older version.

I don't mind doing the testing and put it into the new 1.11 version and add in the admin back-end for allowing things like custom translation, but I am not sure whether I should be and am I allowed to do such a thing.

Regards
Jim

You can contribute code using GitHub. Check the Wiki on the procedure (if you never use GitHub, it is a little hard to get on to it, but it works).

I'm in the middle of looking at the captcha side of things so I'll look at the re-capcha things as well.

I made a schoolboy error and had overwritten previous changes with a github update diagnosing something else. ::)

Okay the language and theme settings have been fixed now.

I have submitted a pull request so they should be applied soon.

@zesu,

I didn't update the recaptcha library for the moment but feel free to fork the project and have a play around. From a quick glance it doesn't look too involved to swap them over.

Cheers

Felix - I did the merge ... but can you add the new language strings (for font size, angle and padding)? You'll need to add them to all the language files, even if you just use the English text. Then individual language maintainers / contributors can do the translation if they want to.

Thanks.

-- hugh

OK, I got the 1.11 lib working. It's in github. I've left the 1.10 lib in github for now, in case we have to revert to using it, but looks like the new 1.11 works fine.

NOTE - rather than modifying the existing recaptcha_get_html() in the lib, I've added a fabrik_recaptcha_get_html() function, to do the AJAX method stuff with our added parameters.

-- hugh

Well one of the reason I didn't do it was to discuss how we handle things like this.

If you install the newlib then I guess you can remove the old folder via the XML file?

If however you update from github then the old folder would never be removed.

So although this doesn't happen often how do we ensure that old files and folders don't get left lying around?

Two questions:

First:
How do I update now the GitHub Version? In a german Joomla environment nothing happens, when I will update GitHub (with "Purge cache" and "Update" under "Extensions Manager -> Update")

Second:
Why is now my reCaptcha plugin only in English available and shows "Type the two words:" instead of "Geben Sie die 2 W?rter ein:" and the language code is ignored too?

>> Edit: Problem solved: It's only english in Firefox, not in Google Chrome and IE 9.

Thank you for helping.

Regards

Well one of the reason I didn't do it was to discuss how we handle things like this.

If you install the newlib then I guess you can remove the old folder via the XML file?

If however you update from github then the old folder would never be removed.

So although this doesn't happen often how do we ensure that old files and folders don't get left lying around?

There is actually no way of doing it "automagically" via XML that I know of. There is a 'manifest' class that lets you code up specific pre-/post-flight checks on an update, where you can manually remove folders and files. But it's not something we've traditionally done, simply because we tend to be focused on what we are doing at the time, like updating the CAPTCHA element, and adding the overhead of writing manifest update code for the next release doesn't tend to occur to us.

It's something we probably should start handling, especially for any large libraries, but ... at the moment ... nope ... disk space is cheap ... :)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back