Email format (Failed sending email)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jubahn

I would like my client to see the NAME and the email not just the email on the from I tried:

Name <email@email.com>

But it does not work, any ideas? Thanks.

Juba

not sure I follow what you are trying to do

where did you want the name and email to appear? In the message body or the from header?
Where did you try adding "Name <email@email.com>"

cheers
rob

Hi Julius

Ok gotcha - I've added this option into the SVN rev 860 - you can now enter:

Code:
Name <email@address.com>

as the "Email from" field

Cheers
Rob

Rob,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does SVN rev 860 mean? Do I have to download something and install again? Thanks.

Rob Clayburn said:
Hi Julius

Ok gotcha - I've added this option into the SVN rev 860 - you can now enter:

Code:
Name <email@address.com>

as the "Email from" field

Cheers
Rob

Can you let me know just which files were updated on this issue? I do not want to download all and upload, I think its just one or two files? or am I wrong? Thanks.

Julius

I still get the same error:

Failed sending receipt to juba@slogica.net!

I updated all the 1.0.x to 1.0.5 and then copied the fabrik.class.php you mentioned and no go, any idea? Thanks,

Julius

I'm working on this. A couple of people seem to be having issues with mail delivery recently, not sure if it's something we hosed up in a recent SVN, or just coincidence ...

-- hugh

Haven't forgotten. Got several people with similar issues, I'm just having problems replicating the problem ... my test/dev servers stubbornly keep working properly!

Out of interest, which method do you have J! configured for sending mail?

-- hugh

Hugh,

Is this what you need (attached) let me know, thanks.

Julius

Attachments

• mail_site.jpg
    mail_site.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 158
  • mail_site.jpg_thumb
    7.5 KB · Views: 157
Yes. "PHP Mail Function" is actually what I needed to know.

You might try using one of the other two methods, just see if it makes any difference.

-- hugh

Julius,

Can you confirm something for me?

Are you sending to more than one address, and if so do you have any spaces in the 'comma separated list of emails'? I noticed last night that if you have a space in the list, addresses with the preceeding space will fail. I'm about to fix that in SVN.

But thats the only problem I've been able to turn up. Emailing works just fine for me and Rob, and we've looked back through our changes, and we've done nothing to Fabrik which could possibly affect emailing in at least a year.

-- hugh

This is what I have, I have just updated it from SVN and still does not work, let me know, thanks.

Julius

Attachments

• mail_error.jpg
    mail_error.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 155
  • mail_error.jpg_thumb
    8.8 KB · Views: 148
OK, in order to debug this any further I need you to do two things:

1) Grab the latest SVN (some small changes to fabrik.class.php)

2) Edit your core Joomla includes/joomla.php file, and around line 3914 should be this:

Code:
function mosMail( $from, $fromname, $recipient, $subject, $body, $mode=0, $cc=NULL, $bcc=NULL, $attachment=NULL, $replyto=NULL, $replytoname=NULL ) {
	global $mosConfig_mailfrom, $mosConfig_fromname, $mosConfig_debug, $mail;

... only it won't have $mail on the end of that global list. Add it. Suggest you save a copy of the original joomla.php just in case!

Having that $mail global'ed in the Joomla function lets me print the value of $mail->ErrorInfo if mosMail() fails, which should contain any mailer specific errors being generated. I've added that value in parens after the existing error string, so hopefully it'll now say "Failed sending mail to foo@bar.com (some error message)".

-- hugh

I did what you said and jus this came up, the same:

Failed sending receipt to email@domain.com!

Looking at the html I see some spaces after the text line of Failed...

Let me know what else to do ;), thanks.

Julius

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back