Error with range filter in element date

lorenzo51

I have defined a date element, in a given list, with the following format %d/%m/%Y
index.php

and with a range-type filter:
index.php

After having selected in front-end a date range,
index.php

the first page of the resulting list is correctly displayed.
But,when requesting the second page by clicking next I get the following error message:
Errore: 500
DateTime::__construct() [datetime.--construct]: Failed to parse time string (31/07/2013 00:00:00) at position 0 (3): Unexpected character
However, if I define the date element format as %Y-%m-%d
index.php

Everything works properly.
Do you know a possible reason for this issue?
My installation is Joomla! 2.5.11 Fabrik 3.0.8-307-g3ba17e0

Thanks in advance!

In addition to the previously sent data, I would like to report also this issue when using the filter on the date interval.
Upon the first request, the date fields are transformed from my format d/m/Y to the format Y-m-d H:M:S, and the request is correctly performed.
date_search.png
However, the request in the next page is not correctly performed, and I get back immediately this error:
Errore: 500
DateTime::__construct() [datetime.--construct]: Failed to parse time string (31/07/2013 00:00:00) at position 0 (3): Unexpected character

The issue seems to be caused by an inversion between days and months in the search window date field.
If I set the interval between 01/06/2013 (1st of June) and 02/08/2013 (2nd of August),
date_search_1.png
the first page is correctly displayed, but when I click next in order to view the following page, in the search window the fields are set to 06/01/2013 and 08/02/2013.
date_search_2.png
This condition does not generate an error, but the result is not as expected.

I am extremely confused on the usage of range filter on d/m/Y format date.
After setting the two dates in the search window, the query is correctly performed, but the pagination function does not work properly when asking for the next page. This looks like to be due to an inversion between day and month (usage of m/d/Y format instead of mine).
My confusion is even higher when examining the html source, more specifically the link generated for the "next" function:
http://localhost/joomla/anagrafe/in...learordering=0&clearfilters=0&limitstart46=10
Clicking on "next", the url bar says:
http://localhost/joomla/anagrafe/info.html?resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0
and the result obtained is incorrect as formerly explained.
On the other hand, if I ask to "open link in a new tab", the url bar of the new tab says:
http://localhost/joomla/anagrafe/in...learordering=0&clearfilters=0&limitstart46=10
and this time the next page is correctly displayed.
Do you have any idea on why this happens?
Thank you very much.

Hi,

I'm restarting this thread because I am experiencing exactly the same behavior (at least the initial post). Using Joomla 3.3.6 and F3.2. Github updated less than 3 weeks ago.

Is this something already known ?

lcollong:
I would suggest to open a new 3.1 pro thread referring this one.
I "think" the problem may be the slash / in the format string - but date (formatting) is something for Rob/Hugh ...;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back