Fabrik 3.x translation thread ?

tk5ep

Hi !

Now that v 3.x is alive, wouldn't it be a good idea to add a new thread in the Fabrik 3 folder devoted to translations ?

I have done the french translation and would need some feddback.

Thanks,,
Patrick

Yup. We'll be creating the main forum structure for 3.0 soon, once we're happy that it's solid enough to not need a "level playing field" for support, i.e. we feel comfortable with the community / bronze / silver priorities for support.

The way we'll be encouraging folk to do language contributions is through github. That's one of the huge wins with moving from SVN/unfuddle to GIT/github for our source control.

So my plan is to record a generic tutorial video and add it to a general "Getting started with Github" Wiki article.

Anyway ... yes ... agreed ... it'll get done soon.

-- hugh

Cough splutter.

Yes, you may mention it. But unless the mentioning of it will magically add a few hours to the length of a day ... ;)

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Ok about that...
I created a Gitub account, but can't find out how to upload my work...

Will wait until you've written your tutorial.

Cheers,

So ... how far did you get with github? Did you get as far as installing git locally, creating your SSH keys, and adding the public key to your github account?

-- hugh

Oups !

No, i only created my login.
Will do the easier way and send you the language files.... ;-)

I will have a look when coming back from holiday... in 2 weeks !

Patrick

So ... how far did you get with github? Did you get as far as installing git locally, creating your SSH keys, and adding the public key to your github account?

-- hugh

In GitHub you can "fork" fabrik/fabrik, this will create a GitHub repository in your account.
Then you can edit the language file in your repository in GitHub (copy/paste your local file for this first complete translation) and send a pull request.

So you don't need a local repository at the moment.

Thanks Troester. I keep forgetting you can change stuff directly on github, without needing a local clone.

-- hugh

Hi all,

Nice !!
I did it like Troester suggested, it worked perfectly. I could fork and edit the language files on my repository.

What now ?? ;-)

Just send a pull request (and then wait to see you translation in one of the next GitHubs;))

Now all you have to do is keep it up to date. :)

Seriously tho, we really do appreciate the time and effort that goes in to producing a language file.

And of course, if you feel like adding fr-FR for any of the more commonly used plugins that are currently lacking French ... please do!

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back