Fabrik SQL execution is not showing in Joomla Debug Database Queries list

Sophist

When I turn on Joomla's Debug function, I can see all the SQL that has been execute to create a page.

But the Fabrik SQL execution is NOT in that list!!!!!!

I believe that you have to issue something like
Code:
$db->setDebug(JDEBUG)
to achieve this.

I tried to add this to the HTML helper getDbo just before returning the db connection, and I didn't get an error, but I didn't get any Fabrik SQL executions in the list either.

P.S. Being able to see your Fabrik SQL execution here would be an EXTREMELY useful debugging tool for Fabrik - because Fabrik often executes several SQL statements under the covers (e.g. updating a joined table) and sometimes you need to see what these are.

Believe it or not, in over a decade of developing Fabrik, I've never felt the need to do that.

It's something I thought about doing years ago, but if I'm trying to work out issues with queries, I just step through the code with xdebug.

Next time I get a few minutes, I'll take a look.

-- hugh

It may be a bit more extensive a fix that we might think, because I think that there are a lot of places where it we don't call the HTML helper to get the dbconnection.

P.S. If we can get it into the fabrik db queries list there are a whole bunch of things that helps with:

Knowing what queries are being executed, using what fields, so that you can tweak things and remove unneeded fields.
Seeing whether you are getting unneeded UPDATEs on joined tables.
Getting performance information to help you add indexes when things are very slow.

etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back