fabrikMainError bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

dond

fabrikMainError div shows when a form is first loaded.
A screen shot is attached.

btw, 2.1 tables import was successful with some work. Exactly as you've said in previous posts.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• fabrikmainerror.png
    fabrikmainerror.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 190
it appears to be this snippet of code that's causing an issue with fabrikHide.
HTML:
$active = ($form->error != '') ? '' : ' fabrikHide';

echo "<div class=\"fabrikMainError fabrikError$active\">";

echo FabrikHelperHTML::image('alert.png', 'form', $this->tmpl);

echo "$form->error</div>";?>
is this issue isolated to me?

Also, question on the fabrikTip. It appears on validation and the tool tip. Is there a way to easily turn it off? Is it possible to have validation work as it did in version 2? Or, is there a particular reason for it being changed?

Thanks

in that link you have a div with a class 'alert' and the text 'All fields are required' is that part of the template you modified, and do you want that to show only when validation fails. If so place it inside the fabrikMainError div.
If that's not the issue then I'm still a bit confused as to the exact issue, as I only see the "please complete all fields" message when a validation fails

-Rob

I see the same as Rob. I only see the validation failure in the fabrikMainError div when validation fails. And the "All fields are required" appears to be something you have added to the template.

-- hugh

Yes, "all fields..." is in the form intro.
I've fixed my issue with the fabrikMainError div and the alert.png in my custom template.
Please look at this form and tell me if you see the empty fabrikMainError div and alert.png. I don't mean to be redundant, just maybe you looked while I was working the template. If you still do not see it, then why do I? Am I just trippin'?LOL

Thanks

no tripping here sir :p
I think the issue is that perhaps something is caching and / or concatenating the css?

Your form should have a media/com_fabrik/css/fabrik.css file loaded whose first lines should be :

Code:
.fabrikHide{
    display:none !important;
}

but its not there!

Ok I see the issue - we had an additional '/' in the css href, which normally doesn't cause an issue, but does when using the gantry template framework.

I've fixed this in the code @github

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back