False validation fail message

Saumier

J 2.5.7 F 3.0.6 Github Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.6.3-203-g8655d6b

I rebuilt my joined form to add a new user because when I tried to access the old form on the front page I only got a blank page. The old form was working for several months. That is a mystery why that happened.
The new form was working fine this morning. I added some validation (notempty) on some fields and isemail on the email field. I then removed the isemail. Then in my testing, I started getting the "Some parts of your form have not been correctly filled in" message, but no fields were marked as failed. I removed all validation on the entire form and I still get the failed message.

What do I do now?

Blank pages are usually due to memory issues. What is your PHP memory_limit set to? You can check this on your PHP settings page in the J! system info.

Sounds like something has gotten wedged in your session data, which sometimes happens if you modify validations for a form while session data is active for that form. Try removing all rows from the xxx_fabrik_form_sessions table which have that user_id and/or form_id, in phpMyAdmin. or just empty the whole table, it won't really hurt anything.

-- hugh

Thanks for the reply. I'm using PHP 5.3.17 and memory limit is set to 128M.
I also deleted all entries in fabrik_form_sessions table, still have no validations in the form, but I still get the message when I try to save the record. I'll do whatever I can to help find the source of this problem. In the meantime, I'm going to rebuild the form because I've got to be able to add new members.

Well, I found why this was happening. Thought I'd let you know so we don't waste any more time on this.
I was trying to default a password for a new member, but couldn't make that work, so I changed the element type from "field-text" back to "password". Then looking at the password field in xxx-fabrik-elements table I saw the default was still there. I cleared that field and everything works fine now.
I love computers.....

Ah, OK, thanks! Yup, that's one of those little gotchas that can arise, because all element types share a basic set of common params (like name, label, default, etc) so changing an element type from something which uses a visible default, where a default has been set, to one that doesn't, can get ya.

One of these days I'll work out a way of tweaking the code so our main getDefaultValue() method will ignore the default if that param isn't displayed for that element type. The reason I haven't is that some folk use this "undocumented feature" to their advantage, for setting defaults on certain element types which don't usually allow for a default.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back