Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /var/www/jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

braga

I tried to work with Fabrik in one Database in mysql, I saw that Fabrik see the Tables and prepare alone the Forms, Groups and elements.
Without add a new join between the 2 tables I add a new articles and the Fabrik tell me:
Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /var/www/joomla/components/com_fabrik/fabrik_table.class.php on line 2334
I try to delete everything tables form and groups, but fabrik don't give me a permission to delete the 2 tables.
I did what never need to do!!! I deleted fabrik and after reinstall it and now it's ok, just because I do experiment to know how it works ....:O)

Do you have may be more video tutorials like examples in a special way to work with a database already build in mysql?

Thanks a lot
by fabrik is fantastic until now!!!
by

Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /var/ww

Alessandro,

I'm sorry, but I really am having trouble understanding you. I feel bad because I can't even come close to writing or speaking a second language, and I admire anyone who can!

My best advise is to always do your testing and playing around on a test install of Joomla. You should find that if you play around for a while, you'll get to grips with it. I blew away my first couple of attempts ... I even managed to entirely screw up Joomla and a test install of VirtueMart ... but after a few days everything started clicking. You just have to get used to The Fabrik Way.

-- hugh

Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /var/ww

Odd that you couldnt delete the two tables, do you mean the actual database tables, or the fabrik tables?
Fabrik deliberately stops you from deleting the actual database tables, as a security measure.
One tip for using existing database tables, is to edit administrator/components/com_fabrik/configuration.php and change:

$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '1';

to

$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '0';

This will preserve your database field types, rather than update them to each fabrik elements default setting. E.g. if you have a field with VARCHAR(40) and you assign a fabrik Field to that column, and $fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '1'; then the column will be altered to VACHAR(255)

Thanks Hugh, In this case it is a problem, but I appreciate very much what you said. For me it is very difficult: one to explain to me beyond that for the language and also for the just terms.
I have understood how much says to me and I'm in agreement with you: I must stick the head, in order to learn... and us time in order to understand as wants Fabrik reasons in order to move consequently.
Thanks a lot and and perhaps also I, in the time, will succeed to explain me better

>Odd that you couldnt delete the two tables, do you mean the actual database tables, or the fabrik tables?

The Fabrik tables, I had inserted a data in one table without to respect the join in the second table. It Was impossible to return behind, I have had to disinstall Fabrik and reinstall it. Now goes well perhaps!

Thanks a lot to your suggestion i'll try to do it
By hava a good work

I have tried to make of the examples in order to understand as Fabrik works.
Differently from like shown from the examples in your site I have been connected Fabrik to a database mysql of example a much simple one.
During the job and some error I have decided to cancel how much I had made, until arriving to the tables of fabrik and the connection with the database mysql.
I have noticed that not there is possibility to cancel such tables in no way and the following Fabrik from message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /var/www/joomla/components/com_fabrik/fabrik_table.class.php on line 2334

Please could you help me to understand as these tables will be deleted, since the the logon of the connection with the database is succeeded?
Thanks a lot
by alex

Hi

Could you try updating to the latest code from the SVN, details of how to do so are in the link in my signature.

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back