Filling/updating Fabrik calendar from multiple tables

relsig

Hi,

I would like to have one central calendar based on Fabrik containing data from different other tables. For example I'm running event booking from Joomdonation for event registration of people wanting to attend different kind of classes. Then there is a table where we keep track of rented out material. I would like to have all this information in one calendar.

I have seen that I can use the scheduled tasks plugin. Can you give me a hint on how I will have to set this up?

Getting the needed fields from the original table (Event booking) via Fabrik lists? Or using CSV exports/imports?

What's next? Setting up a insert/updating SQL statement in the php scheduled plugin? Running this every hour with a cron job?

Do you have a tutorial/example for this? If not, can you lead me in the right direction?

Thanks

Roger

Are you looking for a calendar visualization? i.e. a calendar with day/week/month view showing your events from different database tables?

You can link a new fabrik list to any existing DB table - just select the table in list's "Data" tab, save, go back to "Data" and check if it fetched the correct primary key. Additionally you should set "Alter field types"=no in Details/Advanced to prevent Fabrik from changing any structure of tables used by other components.

This way you can create a list for every DB table containing events.

In a calendar viz you can show multiple lists.

Is this what you want to do?

Thanks for your answer. I know that I can use the calendar visualization. I was not aware that I can use all kinds of different tables to fill information into the calendar. That's a fantastic feature.
All the necessary tables are inside the main database, so I just do lists and then add them.

Great

I've noticed a few display issues with the calenday viz in 3.2, that seem to be bootstrap related. I just started working with another Pro user on a fairly heavy duty calendar related project, using events from different tables, so I'll be doing some work on the calendar viz over the next week or so.

HOWEVER ... that's on Fabrik 3.2, not 3.0. I doubt I'll be back porting anything to the 3.0 viz.

-- hugh

I have joomla 2.5 which is running Fabrik 3.2 already. I know that I will have to change the templates as soon I migrated to Joomla 3.3.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back