Filtering a table from different sources.

rvargas17

Hi

I have an specific question, but let's make it with an example:

1- I have one table called "teachers" where I have the information of several people (name, email, etc) from different areas (chemistry, mathematics, biology, etc )
The information for this table is submitted using a form. Teachers can select in the form one or more different areas.

2 - I have a menu in my site with different options regarding the areas: (Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, etc)

What I want to do:

If the user (visitors) click one of the menu options then a table will be displayed with the information of the teachers related with that specific area. For example, If the user clicks in Mathematics he will get only the list of teachers that works with mathematics.

I know this is a just a filter, but I want to use menu options instead a search box. A Prefilter works, but just for one option, due they are set in the table configuration.

I was thinking that maybe, If I'm able to apply the filter by URL (com=fabrik?=something) I can do the filtering in each option, but honestly I don't know where to start looking for the options/variables.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Yes, you can apply filter values on the URL. Append the full element names, like this, to the URL of your table:

&table___element[value]=foo

Obviously substitute your 'table___element', and 'foo'. But the [value] stays as-is.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back