format date upon autofill

madpato

Hello

I have an autofill option on my form and turns out i need to format the output of the autofill (the target is a field element) as a date, the field i am calling with the autofill is an actual date, but it fills the full date, all i need is the month and year like 02-2014, but its showing me everything.

I hope you understand my problem, thanks!

How is the date element you are getting the date from formatted? I would expect the date being used in the autofill to be formatted the same way.

In other words, are you needing to change the format, between the "from" and the "to" elements?

Or is Fabrik getting it "wrong", and you have the format you want set on the element the date is coming from, but the autofill isn't using that format?

-- hugh

Hi there are several things which could mean autofill, do you mean an autofill form plugin? Could you point us at the form so I can see which one it is please?
thx
Rob

its the form autofill plugin, see the form emprendedores, last tab, it watches the chosen generation's "mes" fields (like here)and fills the data i need to style them like m-Y but instead i get a full date inserted (see screenshot attached). Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 190
I think you would need to turn the 'Mes 1 LB' etc field in the emprendedores form to date elements, and set the format there and probably set the acl so the element's can be viewed but not edited.

Hello
I have done that but i am facing a different problem, i am trying to format the date field as F - Y so it will show the month's name and the year, but this is not happening, it returns %-year maybe this is not supported on that field?

Please let me know, i am using so far the m-Y format but i would neeed the F-Y format. Thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back