F5E6E5, New Client
M3Y4O4, Existing client
Y3Y4T4, Existing client
M3Y3R4, Existing client
W3Y4O4, Existing client
E5E6R5, New Client
M3Y3O4, Existing client

etc...

what I'm looking to do is to show the locations of the client on the map but in 2 different colors so we can identify who is the new client and who is the existing client.
Maybe different Marker? or different color on the map

Is that possible.

Thanks,

Are you talking about the map viz? If so, there is an option for "Data Icon", specifying an element in your form that has the file name of an icon to use for that marker, and another option ("Data Icon Path") for what / where that image is.

So I would suggest adding another element that has new_client.png and existing_client.png (or whatever) in it, put those two marker icons in ./media/com_fabrik/images, select "Media Relative" for Data Icon Path. That element would probably be a calc, which derives the icon name from the "client type" field.

-- hugh

Yes I want to use the Viz.
Sorry, please can you elaborate more as I'm getting confused. thanks :(

My Current list is:
Client Name, Postal Code, Google Map element
Should Add to the list a drop list element:
New Client
Exciting client
?
clients.PNG

please help.

thanks,

I'm not sure how I can explain it better than I did, and how the tooltips for the Data Icon option in the map viz explain it.

You need an element in your table that contains the name of the icon you want to use as the marker for each row. So if you have two icons, new_client.png and existing_client.png, rows that are new clients should have new_client.png in that field, and rows that are existing clients should have existing_client.png. Put those icons in ./media/com_fabrik/images.

Whether you use a dropdown with those file names as the avlues, or create a calc element to derive it from your existing new/existing element is up to you.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back