Google Maps element plugin returns No Location Selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

redant

Hi All

Requirement:
I need to show a driving route on Google maps between 2 towns using pre-populated details view of a form when the form loads.

I have done:
1. Inserted my API key into the Fabrik global config field.
Configured my plugin as follows:

2. under details
map type => satellite
use staic map => full
all other settings are default.

3. under geocoding
enable geocode => use elements
address1 => _collection field from my table which has a town name in
trigger geocode with => button
geocode on load => always
directions from => _delivery field from my table which has a town name in
all other settings are default.

I expect to see a map with a button displayed that when clicked will display the route.

Instead I see a notification : No location selected.

Am I misunderstanding something? Are the other fields required - i.e. city, region, code, country?

Nope, the way the directions option works right now is only in 'details' view. The "directions from" has to be another map element, or a field element with the {lat,lon}:zoom format we use for map elements.

map_directions.png

This is a fairly new feature (I only added it a few months ago) which I implemented for a specific project.

I do plan to add more functionality, including making it behave as you expected in form view, being able to change the from/to markers and have the directions display in real time. Probably also change the requirement for the "Directions From" to be a map, and allow it to be a field which holds an address (like town name). But that wasn't required for the project I was working on, so didn't get done in the first cut.

However, features like this typically only get done when someone is paying for the work, required for a specific project. There isn't enough general demand for it to justify spending the time otherwise.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back