groups for Front end Form and Detail view

Vadim

Example. I have 5 groups of elements. I'd like to include 2 groups in Front end Form for adding records, and all 5 groups in Front end Detail view. How to do it without copying list\form\elements?

I need it as a part of solution for my next task (another part is prefiltering which I asked in different thread).
1. Registered users can publish a request for help (a form at the front-end with first 2 groups of elements), and it will be shown for anybody at front end (view 1 "For your own risk", which means that nobody know who is a person who ask for help). In one of the elements they can invite charities to admin their requests.
2. NGOs and Charities (another user group) can add records to the rest 3 groups of elements from front-end, if they were invited by author of request. If they filled 3-key elements (identification of person, his trouble and readiness to guarantee proper use of funds raised), list will be shown at frond end view 2 "List of identified requests".
3. Any users and guests can in View 2 Detailed View for all 5 groups elements.

hope it helps better understanding of my question

that wont be possible with the current code.
It sounds like you should re-read http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/design-strategy/

I posted I think in reply to one of your earlier threads, a walk through of how to plan a project, did you do this? If so can you post what you came up with? If not well :eek:! :)

To my mind you have several different 'objects' all bundled up in the same form, which is going to cause issues later on. - e.g. how are two different charities going to reply to a single request if all of this is in a single form?

the base objects you have described above are

* Requests
* Charities
* Request_charities - which charties are invited to which request
* Charity_replies - a separate row per reply to a request

I posted I think in reply to one of your earlier threads, a walk through of how to plan a project, did you do this? If so can you post what you came up with? If not well :eek:! :)

I hope you've already learn Russian as this is the only chance for you to understand what is my plan about! If not well learned :eek:! :)
Rob, thank you very much you go deep in this project and possibly one day we can say enough loudly about great social project realized with a support of Fabrik team, realized on Fabrik, and I'm serious. As for now - you have not enough and correct understanding about the structure, services etc.
As for your question - of course I have a plan and understanding what I'm going to do step by step. And now I should really think careful about language for this plan - but its so big and unexpected additional part of work!!(( Last weeks I traveled through different cities and had meetings with NGOs and Mass media - there is high interest in this project, people need it and wait WORKING SERVICES. At the same time I have no idea what and when I can propose them ready for using! Even module by module, not everything... I spent too much time here and for learning by myself, and during my first month of Silver Support none service of my project realized, just few fragmented elements, which also doesn't work correctly (check your skype). It is already a big problem, if I start to spend time to make a project in English - I'll kill it. Or it should significantly accelerate realization of project. Hmm...I cannot accelerate it without your support, you can accelerate but need in English info... It sounds like I should translate as much as I can into English anyway, ye?

It sounds like I should translate as much as I can into English anyway, ye?

Well, if you want us to help you, we need to understand what you are trying to achieve. And we need a decent overview of the project workflow and basic structure, to help you build the right database structure. One of the most critical part of any database project is getting your table structure correct, as the further you get with the project, the harder and harder it becomes to make changes.

And while Fabrik makes things easy for a lot of things, it isn't magic. If you are building a complex app, you still need to EITHER have a good understanding of how relational databases work, and what data needs to be extracted (or "normlaized") into separate tables, OR you need to have people helping you who have a good understanding of what you are trying to achieve.

-- hugh

I'd like to continue your count -... or I can make a table structure and very need in support to realize it with a help of fabrik tools. Well, it takes not just my time, but also yours to read and understand, are you really ready? I'll be very frustrated if finally will get smth like "it is too complicated etc" or some fragmented recomendations after such big work. It doesn't mean to stop any other projects of course, but has a reason only if it can accelerte realization of project.

It doesn't mean no, however please be aware of what we provide as a silver subscription:

* We provide support and advice.
* We fix any bugs that you may find as a priority
* We provide 2 hours on server support - this is where we go into your site and set up some complex part you have trouble with. (I've already gone over the 2 hours)

We can't possibly for 120 euros implement an entire in depth project for you (That is no longer inside product support but is a development project which we would charge at an hourly rate)

We can't fully grasp a project unless its described in english (or french for me)

We appreciate that English is not a lot of our users first language and thus makes communicate difficult. Often here diagrams, database schemas etc help bridge that barrier. We can't comment as to whether something is too complicated until we see the document I'm afraid. 99% of the time things are not too complicated, and if they are we can suggests different approaches.

Obviously if possible it makes our support easier if your elements and lists etc are named in english (obviously we understand that sometimes that is not possible)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back