Groups Inside List Joins

talkinggoat

Is it possible to preserve or re-create the groups from another list's form, when using a list join? I need to instill some formatting in one of the groups, but I can't quite figure out how to do that with Fabrik, without using some custom JS or something, since the Element's rows don't have ID's I can reference.

It shows like this, in form A.
List B is joined to list A
List A
Group1-[List B]
Element1
Element2
Element3

List B
Group3
Element1
Element2
Group4
Element3

Nope, when you join to another table in the List joins, you are joining to a table (not a Fabrik List), and all fields in that joined table are collected into a single group.

-- hugh

I thought you were going to say that. :) What do you recommend, if I need to perform actions, such as formatting, on a group of elements?

In this case you have to do it via custom CSS or a custom template.
What are your settings: repeat group? list or table layout?
What do you want to do?

@troester , I was afraid you were going to say that, too! :) I am using bootstrap. Are there tutorials on how to write custom templates? I thought about doing it through CSS, but I am not sure how to, without modifying the default template and creating a custom one, just for this form. The problem is, there's no CSS, other than row-fluid assigned to the rows. There is also no ID, so there's no way to differentiate them. Is there anywhere in the element that would allow me to assign CSS to its space in the form? I don't see it anywhere. What about if I make a new template that assigns the name of the element to the row?

In this case, I want to pull client information from an address.

Number,
Suite/Appartment
Street Address.

I want number and suite tucked neatly into the same line, since they are always going to be a couple digits or a letter.

Street # / Appt or Suite
________ ________
|_______| |_______|
Street Name:

You can set the layout of the repeat group to e.g. 20 columns
Then you'll get only one rowfluid and each fabrikElementContainer like this
upload_2019-7-6_17-52-2.png
You can add something like
#your-group-id div.fabrikReapeatGroup___childlist___date_time.span0 {float:left;display:block; width:some px;}

or #your-group-id .row-fluid {display;flex;...}

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back