"Hide checkbox" option for Lists breaks "Under headings" filters layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackem

The "Hide checkbox" option for Lists breaks "Under headings" filters layout. This is the checkbox that is displayed next to each row in the list.

The layout is good with the checkbox shown.

When the checkbox is set to hidden, notice the row with filters is shifted by 1 column.

Attachments

• visible.jpg
    visible.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 199
  • hidden.jpg
    hidden.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 211
Yeah, I remember running into that a while back. I seem to recall the issue being that we need somewhere to put the "Go" button for the filters.

Try setting the checkbox location to "End" instead of "Start".

-- hugh

It looks like the placement for the "Go" button is inconsistent with different settings. Sometimes it is in the checkbox column and other times in the column with the row buttons.

You can see in the pictures I attached that the "Go" button for the filters is in the column with the list row buttons. The checkbox is in its own column. When the checkbox is hidden here, the layout breaks.

If the delete and copy buttons are not present due to access settings, the checkbox isn't displayed at all regardless, and the layout is fine there. The "Go" button is in the column with the edit and view buttons.

The layout with the checkbox hidden and location to "End" is good, but the buttons also move to the end. It makes sense they move together, but it is a problem for those that prefer the row buttons at the beginning. The "Go" button is in its own column above where the checkboxes used to be. Not a big deal for me, just wanted to mention after noticing.

Yup, it's one of those known issues, but it's such a rare combination - I think you are the first person to notice the issue with 'filters under headings' vs 'no checkboxes' issue since we introduced the 'filters under headings' option - that it's hard to justify spending the time to fix it, given that it would take a fair amount of refactoring to try and find somewhere else to put the "Go" button. So it's pretty much "filters under headings isn't compatible with no-checkboxes" until I get a wild hair and find the time to fix it.

-- hugh

Alright, I understand and appreciate it is a low priority relative to other things. Thank you for the background on the issue.

Out of curiosity, could you point me to the code that generates this? If I can wrap my head around it, perhaps I can figure out a fix.

Thanks Hugh, that did it! By the looks of it I probably would have struggled to figure out that fix. How can I send you a coffee/donation for your effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back