hide element in form - display in list

You can select whether or not an element is shown in the default view of a list by clicking the "Show in List" button for that element from the main elements screen in the Fabrik interface. You can select whether or not an element is shown in the details view by going into the setting for a specific element and marking it as hidden or not under the Option tab.

There are other ways to control element visibility such as through the use of custom detail/list/form templates or groups, but this is the most basic way to do it.

I'm new to Fabrik so someone else, please chime in if you have something to add.

I have the "Shown in list" off. But it is only for the list-view, not for the form.
If I cannot hide the element in the form, can I show it, but don't edit it?
Thank you
Nadja

Navigate to Components -> Fabrik -> Elements

Then select the element you want to hide inside your Form

On the left hand side, click on JavaScript -> Add

Published: Yes
Event: Load

Use the Predefined options

If this element: Shown
Action: ReadOnly or Hide
Element: Select the element you want to hide

..With Fabrik there is usually more than dozens of ways to achieve what you want to do. This method of hiding an element or making it read only is one way to achieve what you want. Keep this in mind going forward, that there are many ways to achieve what you want in Fabrik, if one doesn't work out then there are alternatives.

Hope this helps dude.

Thank you for your help.
For the userID readonly works, but for the current date I get my datepicker and can change the date.
How can deactivate the datepicker? I don't need it.
Thank you
Nadja

In the Date picker element Options there is a built-in option to "Hide" the Date picker, I think that is what you want.

if you don't need it at all, simply unpublish the Date picker element.

I'm really sorry, but I cannot find it.
In component-fabrik-element I only find my elements and no date-element. I have a element with "date" but in this element I cannot find something with datepicker.
In extensions-plugins-fabrik date I have no options.
Sorry!
NAdja

You can set you date element to hidden or you can set the add/edit access in your date element to e.g nobody to have it readonly

If I set it to hidden, it is not displayed in the detaillist. But I need it there.
I have the edit access to no but if I click into the input I get the datepicker and can change the date.
In my element I have set "Show time selector" to "no", "Allow typing in field" to "no".
Nadja

Can't replicate.
If edit access is set to nobody the date is readonly in an existing record.
If add access is set to nobody the date is readonly in a new record.

I set in element - myelement - access - form(add) and form(edit) zu a special group. (I cannot set it to nobody)
But in the frontend in my form I still have the datepicker.
Are I am in the wrong tab?
Nadja

I'm still searching for a solution with the datepicker.

I checked my plugins to deactivate the datepicker. But I cannot find a Plugin called datepicker...

Thank you
Nadja

if the element is readonly (= no add or edit access) there's no datepicker. Maybe you didn't change the correct element

gesendet mit Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back