hide view button only

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Fabrik3.0 there has been a list option...
But you can hide it by adding custom CSS to your list template
#listform_$c .fabrik_actions .fabrik_view {display:none}

I'd be afraid it would affect SEO since it's a hidden link...thoughts? I guess only way around that would be custom templates?

Ah, I didn't realize the option to hide/show the view/edit links on Lists never made it in to 3.1.

I have quite a few 3.0 clients who want / need this feature, so I guess the best bet is to add it to 3.1.

I'll take a look now, see if it's a simple one. Depends how much we've changed the 'add links' code in 3.1 since 3.0.

Back in a few ...

-- hugh

Hmmmm.

It seems that in 3.1, we are very deliberately ignoring those params (as well as removing them form the XML), as per this as an example ...

PHP:
/**
* Helper method to decide if a detail link should be added to the row.
* If in Fabrik 3.1 return true (just use the default acl to control the link)
* If in Fabrik 3.0 return true if detail link option on and action method is floating
* @return boolean
*/
protected function floatingDetailLink()
{
if (FabrikWorker::j3())
{
return true;
}

$params = $this->getParams();
$actionMethod = $this->actionMethod();

return $params->get('detaillink') == '1' || $actionMethod == 'floating';
}
So it seems that we're now only allowing controlling display of those links by the List ACL's (can edit row, can view rows, etc).
I don't know if this was a deliberate policy decision, or if the ACL independent hid/show options from 3.0 are just something we punted on until we had time to sort out the new way(s) we display those links in 3.1.
So I'm reluctant to add those option back without check with The Boss.
rob ?
-- hugh

Just spoke to Rob, just as well I didn't code that stuff up, as it was a deliberate decision to leave that option out of 3.1. He has another way of doing it, which he's coding up and putting in the oven to bake right now. More news when it's cooked.

-- hugh

I'd be afraid it would affect SEO since it's a hidden link...thoughts?
Yes, I believe Google et all doesn't like hidden links

So I'm reluctant to add those option back without check with The Boss.

if we are in J3 we don't have floating links at all I believe - the floating links were for the js menu used in j2.5

My intention was to not have an additional 'show link' option which could conflict with the acl to produce unexpected results. I can't think of the number of times I've wondered why a link isn't showing due to contradictory options in j3.0.

But I recognise that we do need to provide a way to edit those links markup if needed. So I've added some new JLayouts which are explained here - http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...t-template/#layout-overrides-list-row-buttons

Just to be clear, I want to hide the view button, but still have the edit button for users that have edit privileges. The template overrides seem to only allow on/off of all buttons, is that correct?

The template allows you to write whatever logic you want to show the buttons.
In the example its not showing the fabrik_edit link, you would replace that with fabrik_view:

PHP:
if ($key !== 'fabrik_view')

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back