How can I ensure users only see records created by themselves?

Ooops, I just noticed you posted in the 1.0.x forums. If you are really running Joomla 1.0.x and Fabrik 1.0.x, then I'd have to rethink how to do this and how long it would take.

I was thinking you were running Joomla 1.5.x and Fabrik 2.0.

-- hugh

Oops

Sorry. My bad. I am running Joomla 1.5.9 and Fabrik 2.0. I had searched the forum and found this thread - I didn't realise it was a 1.0 thread at the time.

I may take you up on your offer to quote, but I'll need to pass that by my client first.

Thanks for the uber quick reply.

Hi I'm a new user. And this is a great add on! Thanks.

I have a form that I want registered users to be able to update a number of times over a period of 3 months. I want only the registered users and administrator or above to be able to view their records.

I have followed the instructions here and the form is working as required except for two things.

1. when the user updates info and hits enter both the revised and the old info are displayed in a table like displat that runs horizontally across the page. I only want the revised info (one record) to display otherwise the users will be confused.

2. When the user logs in next only the original info is displayed even though at the back end i can see the revised info. I want the updated info to be displayed.

Is there a way to achieve what I want to do.

I'm using joomla 1.0.X

with Fabrik 1.0.6

thanks in anticipation .....

I'm a little confused as to what's going on. When you edit an existing form, it should do just that - edit the existing one. But you seem to be saying it is creating a new form.

Sounds like you don't have things configured quite right.

How are you providing the link to let them edit their details?

-- hugh

Ha! I'm confused too ... and maybe my terminology is not just right.

I have linked the form to the main menu. The participants need to log in to have access to the form as only registered users can see that page.

They fill in the details and then press save. They will need to come back later and update these.

When they come back the form is there with the original info (as expected) and they update it and click save. At this point when the screen refreshes after saving the form is no longer there. But a table appears with 2 entries. The original and the revised.

If the participant logs out then back in again and tries to update again (which is what I want them to do) the initial info is there not the revised version.

Hope this makes more sense.

I've tried deleting the original entry at the back end through the table as administrator. This ends up deleting everything.

Maybe I need to get rid of that database? How do I do that?

I can send you a link to the site if you like but prefer not to put it on the fourm for security reasons.

Exactly how have you linked it on the menu?

Typically with 'profile' type forms, where each user has a single form, when you create the menu link, you use ...

Row ID: -1
Usekey: userid

... where 'userid' needs to be the element name on your form which is the 'user' element (the element of type 'user' that stores their user ID). The first time they access that link, they'll be creating a new form. Second and subsequent times, they should be editing the same form.

FYI, you can have the form redirect wherever you want after submitting by putting a 'redirect' form submission plugin on the form.

-- hugh

I linked the form to the menu via the links option on the form page

I am using -1 for user ID it is called username and should be the username they used to register to use the site. This works as the info initially put in is always there ...

here is the table that comes up
FabrikQuery

http://picasaweb.google.com/selenagriffith/FabrikQuery#

still none of the updated info is brought up in subsequent views of the form. (this is what I really need to fix)

can you give details for making the redirect?

can you point us at the url please? The picture isn't really enough to be able to tell what's happening

Cheers
Rob

Selena ...

Can you re-ask your question in the Community Support forum? We (Fabrik staff) are slam dunked busy with paid support at the moment, and you stand a better chance of finding someone to help you if you post in Community Support.

-- hugh

Thanks i've moved this to community support. If anyone can help it would be good. If i can get this to work then the college will fund paid support but if i can't they wont.

In your form add a "username" element, called "username" This element automatically inserts the current user's userid into your form as a hidden field.

Now each time you users adds a record, via the form, to the database table, their user id is also recorded.

The second thing to do is to edit your table, and add a prefilter so that each user sees only the records that they have created:

• Edit your form's table.
  • Select the "data" tab
  • Under the "prefilter" section press "add filter"
  • Select "username" from the field dropdown (the "username" element we previously created)
  • Select "EQUALS" from the condition drop down list
  • Enter "{$my->id}" (without the quotes) into the "value" field
  • Select "super administrator" from the filter drop down. NOTE ! - this means that the filter is applied to everyone EXCEPT the super administrator. So in our case normal users will see only their records, where as the super administrator will see all the records
  • Save your table

I follow exactly step above... but it cant work for me. What ever data i input to the form... there's no data saved to database. meanwhile, i try to unhide the username element, when i browse to the form, inside the username's textbox.. it's blank; suppose it will feed my username to the textbox right? By the way, what is "{$my->id}"?

When i try to login as registered user ..the link shown as below.. is it correct?
http://.../component/fabrik/form/10/-1.html?random=0&usekey=username

please guide. thanks

@mymarlboro - are you really using Fabrik 1.0? This is an old thread from Fabrik 1.0 / Joomla 1.0.x.

If you are using Fabrik 2.0 on Joomla 1.5.x, can you post you question in the appropriate 2.0 forum?

If you are running 1.0, let me know and I'll try to answer here.

-- hugh

@mymarlboro - are you really using Fabrik 1.0? This is an old thread from Fabrik 1.0 / Joomla 1.0.x.

If you are using Fabrik 2.0 on Joomla 1.5.x, can you post you question in the appropriate 2.0 forum?

If you are running 1.0, let me know and I'll try to answer here.

-- hugh

Hi, I am using Fabrik 2.0 on Joomla 1.5.x, but there is no thread talking about this function and i could only found the relevent topic through search function. So do you mind if i open a new topic to seek for help? Thanks.

username field question

Hi,

I am working with frabrik to make a simple lost and found item application. I would dlike the person entering the found items to have their username automatically loaded in a non editable field. I followed the steps below and the form now has a username drop down box which defaults to their username. Is there anyway to change it now so that the user doesnt have the option to change the username to another user? Thanks

In your form add a "username" element, called "username" This element automatically inserts the current user's userid into your form as a hidden field.

Now each time you users adds a record, via the form, to the database table, their user id is also recorded.

The second thing to do is to edit your table, and add a prefilter so that each user sees only the records that they have created:

• Select the "data" tab
  • Select "username" from the field dropdown (the "username" element we previously created)
  • Select "super administrator" from the filter drop down. NOTE ! - this means that the filter is applied to everyone EXCEPT the super administrator. So in our case normal users will see only their records, where as the super administrator will see all the records
  • Save your table

Edit the user element, set the Access to 'nobody' (or super-admin, or something suitably higher than your users).

Leave Read Access alone.

-- hugh

Show table in frontend with all data

Hi

Great component, following steps and work fine, but I need show all data at frontend without login, I have a link at main menu for display this table, but when click in this link don't show nothing.
Any suggestion?

Excuse me for my english

Regards

Excuse me for my english

Regards

• Select the "data" tab
  • Save your table

What about multipage form ?

When i had a one page form and wanted see an table - ive seen edit option.

But when i added one more group with page break the edit option is gone. Why ? And how could i do this with multipage form ??:eek:

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back