how can i make the calc element to run in "background"?

sales2010

Hello,

I do not know where I'm wrong..

I have a form that include two calc elements which are filled with data based on values chosen in a dbjoin element rendered as auto-complete.

The label for the dbjoin element is concated in order to display the city and county code. So if i search for the city Brasov, the dbjoin element will display the label Brasov - BV.

Each calc element will retrieve a part of this label; first calc element will retrieve the name of the city and the second will retrieve the county code. "Ajax calculation" option is set to Yes and in the "Ajax observe fields" i've added the placeholder of the dbjoin element.

With this two values from calc elements i need to automatically move the marker on a google map. Work fine if the calc elements are not hidden, but soon as i "hid" the elements or i've set the access to "nobody", i can't get the location on the map...

Thank you

When you have several calc element updating from each other, you can have unexpected behaviours as there is no way to know in which order they will be fired.

jfquestiaux, can you tell me please how to hide elements in details view? i've tried #{$view}_$c .aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;} but i can't hide it

...can't make it work. I've tried your code + several others found in forum. The only one that work for element value is #aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;}; in custom_css.php file from details view template i see something about using #{$view}_$c

So far i tried

#aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;};

.fb_el_aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;}

#{$view}_$c .aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;}

#{$view}_$c .fb_el_aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;}

#details_$c .aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;}

#details_$c #aplicatii_mesaje___judet_ro {display:none;}

The details view can be accesed here

Unfortunately, in 3.0 I don't think we give the main element container an ID, so you can't actually hide the whole thing in a CSS file, as static CSS doesn't allow for a "parent" selector, so you can't select the parent of the actual element's field.

What template are you using for your form? It would be simple enough to clone that template, and tweak the default_group.php (I think) to add an ID based on the element's name to the container, which you could then hide in a CSS file.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back