How do i use an already submited form data as a reference when creating a report

mcdizz

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to fabrik and to web development in general but in my little journey so far i'm learning more daily.
I created a series of forms that are used in verifying information submitted by users (like address verification form, vendor verification, guarantor check and bureau check). And I also have another series of forms that are reports stating the verified information of each corresponding form. These forms also have some groups in them.
Now i would like to have something like this, after the form has been filled & submitted by a user, and a verification has been carried out, I would to have the data of the already submitted for to be part of the response report BUT the submitted part should be in a read only format. Either a pdf attached to the response for or the form data called up from the database which can not be edited by the agents.
I do hope what am trying to present makes sense to someone and would really appreciate any help i can get in creating this application. Thank you all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 06-17-16 at 04.13 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 06-17-16 at 04.13 PM.PNG
    81 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 06-17-16 at 04.14 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 06-17-16 at 04.14 PM.PNG
    74 KB · Views: 162
You can set edit permissions on every element based on the logged in user's Joomla ID. You would need to create an Joomla ID column in your list for this to work. In the elements' Access settings, set "Or user field" to your Joomla ID element. Users would be able to enter their own data, but it would be read only to agents.

You can set edit permissions on every element based on the logged in user's Joomla ID. You would need to create an Joomla ID column in your list for this to work. In the elements' Access settings, set "Or user field" to your Joomla ID element. Users would be able to enter their own data, but it would be read only to agents.
Thanks Nick,
did you mean creating a hidden field called "Joomla ID" that will gather the logged in user's details? Am sorry if my question seem sillly, am just trying to follow along.

Yes. Create a hidden field called j_id (or similar) and set its default value to {$my->id}. Then, for each of the elements you want to be editable by the user who created them, but read only to everyone else, set the "Or user field" to your j_id element.

Yes. Create a hidden field called j_id (or similar) and set its default value to {$my->id}. Then, for each of the elements you want to be editable by the user who created them, but read only to everyone else, set the "Or user field" to your j_id element.
Thank you Nick. am very grateful for your time and help.

Hi Nick, I created an element
Type = field
label = J_ID
name = j_id
default value = {$my->id}
I left the access level at public for this element but when i used this as you described above I still could edit the element even when logged in as an agent.
Please am I doing anything wrong here.
Sorry I took so long to contact u.

Have you checked that the j_id element value is being correctly populated? If you have set the "Or user field" property (the one directly below Form edit, not the other one) to your j_id element, that should do what you want.

Have you checked that the j_id element value is being correctly populated? If you have set the "Or user field" property (the one directly below Form edit, not the other one) to your j_id element, that should do what you want.
I have done exactly as u instructed but it still doesn't populate. so i was thinking if i should change the field type to "user", what do u think?

I'm not sure why using an ordinary field element doesn't work, but certainly try changing it to a user element, that sounds like a good idea.

Thank you soooo much for all ur time. am really grateful. Can u walk me through how i can make my form display more beautiful. Also how can i concatenate dropdowns.

If you want to change the appearance of your forms, or any other part of your Joomla website, you are going to have to learn some css. It's an invaluable skill if you developing and maintaining any site. We can help if you ask a specific question, but making something "more beautiful" is subjective. There are loads of online css references and courses. I suggest placing elements into groups, it makes layout with css easier. By default, all of the elements in a form are in one group.

To concatenate the label in a database join element, use the Or Concat label property in the element's Data tab. The syntax is {thistable}.first_value, " ", {thistable}.second_value.

Thanks Nick. I set the element edit access view to Super user and it worked just fine, also about the CSS tutorials, am doing that in bits and am trying to follow along but after getting things right, i had copied a table and when i got it right and decided to drop the table, it went out with the original table. Been feeling so so terrible cos after restoring the entire site back, and doing a fabrik update, now the plugins doesn't give me no option and am so so not sure what to do. Can u be of any help here?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 06-29-16 at 02.25 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 06-29-16 at 02.25 PM.PNG
    223.6 KB · Views: 113
Hi Nick I have resolved the plugin issue. Had to reinstall fabrik and happily my tables are still intact.

i had copied a table and when i got it right and decided to drop the table, it went out with the original table.

I presume what you did was copy a List, then delete/trash it? And it asked you if you wanted to drop the table?

In those cases, when deleting a copy of a List, you should never opt to drop the table itself, because copies of Lists all use the same underlying table.

-- hugh

I presume what you did was copy a List, then delete/trash it? And it asked you if you wanted to drop the table?

In those cases, when deleting a copy of a List, you should never opt to drop the table itself, because copies of Lists all use the same underlying table.

-- hugh
Exactly! Never knew buh learnt the hard way. my tables are back though from my last point of backup buh it better than having to build em alll over again which would have been pretty frustrating.
Yea Cheesegrits, was wondering if it is possible to have something like this on my app, I have a verification form that has 4 groups, 3 groups out of this are only visible to registered user from where i collect data for verification and the last group is only visible to agents who carry out the verification based on the available data and report back via this portion of the form. Now one of the fields in this part of the form called Approval which is a radio button with 2 values (APPROVED & REJECTED) is not editable the agents but can only be edited by a superuser. My question is "is there anyway i can somehow get the username or name of the superuser that approves or rejects this report"?If yes, can you walk me through, thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back