How long could be the text inside CONCAT label of cascade dropdown element?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzz54

Hi guys, thanks for you attention. I?m getting some kind of issue related to this. In my case scenario, I?m trying to use the cascade dropdown element like a "pivot node" to construct the view of each record on list?s view. (I apologize if that wasn?t clear) In few words, I think that I?ve reached the limit of the amount of characters that could get inside the Concat label (currently I have there 56829 characters) , because when I try to add some text all the options saved before gets deleted.

heres a copy (obfuscated) of the code inside the concat label that actually works, but when add some text, everything gets erased

'<div style="max-width:1200px!important;"><div style="float:left;margin:10px 0 10px 0;max-width:520px!important;"><div style="margin:0 10px 0 10px;float:left;width:180px!important;"><div style="font-size:1.2rem;line-height:1.1rem;">',(SELECT CONCAT('<b> ',R.xxxxxxx,'',R.Apellidos,'</b>') FROM databas_xxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx R WHERE R.id = {thistable}.xxxxxxx AND R.xxxxxxx !=""),'</div><div style="font-size:1rem;line-height:0.9rem;text-align:right;padding-bottom:10px;">',(SELECT CONCAT('Cumplea?os: ',DAY(R.xxxxx_xxxxxxxxxx),' de ',M.nombre) FROM databas_xxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx R,databas_xxx_mes M WHERE R.id = {thistable}.xxxxxxx AND M.id=MONTH(R.xxxxx_xxxxxxxxxx) AND R.xxxxx_xxxxxxxxxx !="0000-00-00"),'</div><div style="font-size:1.2rem;line-height:1.1rem;">',(SELECT CONCAT('<b> ',R.xxxxxxx2,'',R.Apellidos2,'</b>') FROM databas_xxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx R WHERE R.id = {thistable}.xxxxxxx AND R.xxxxxxx2 !=""),'</div><div style="font-size:1rem;line-height:0.9rem;text-align:right;padding-bottom:10px;">',(SELECT CONCAT('Cumplea?os: ',DAY(R.Fecha_de_nacimiento2),' de ',M.nombre) FROM databas_xxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx R,databas_xxx_mes M WHERE R.id = {thistable}.xxxxxxx AND M.id=MONTH(R.Fecha_de_nacimiento2) AND R.Fecha_de_nacimiento2 !="0000-00-00"),'</div><div>',(SELECT CONCAT('<div style="float:left;"><a href="mailto:',R.Correoe,'" title="Enviar correo a ',R.Correoe,'">...

... and so on until 56829 characters (I can?t copy all here because its too long). Right now I have 177 SELECT querys in total in that field, but I need to add some more.

thanks in advance guys,

best regards

Yes, you have almost certainly hit some kind of hard limit on the field size.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, so I can't really suggest a different way of doing it.

Depending on just how much more text you need, you could save a lot of size by not using embedded styling, but use classes instead and a custom CSS file to style those. Then you could replace every occurrence of (say)...

Code:
<div style="font-size:1rem;line-height:0.9rem;text-align:right;padding-bottom:10px;">

... with ...

Code:
<div class="foo">

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back