How to avoid repeated results in filters (cascading dropdown)

OK, I've read through those other two threads, and am just hopelessly confused as to your current setup, and what the issue actually is. I get that it's duplicated rows, but I'm not sure in what? The list itself? The dropdown filter options?

Can you post a Jing screencast, which just shows the problem you are seeing, then I'll at least know what the problem is, which will help me make sense of the setup.

-- hugh

I can't find your email. If you don't want to post the link here, can you mail it direct to hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com, and put your forum username in the subject? And include a URL back to this thread in the message.

-- hugh

Good afternoon, Hugh. You answered my email asking me to fill "my site info" and I've already done it. Can't you see my sites here?
Did you receive the Jing screencast?

Ok, Hugh, that's me again.

As I said before, I sent you links and login info to the sites: "Permuta" and "Permuta Teste 2".
I sent it to "hugh.messenger@gmail.com" and filled in "my sites" info here.

The site "Permuta" is the first that we developed but we had problems with filters, as I showed you by Jing screencast. I sent the invite to "hugh.messenger@gmail.com".

In the first design (site Permuta), we used a single table with all data and we think this big table was causing the repetition in the filters. So we have splitted the table in several other tables to avoid repetition - and I think it worked.

You can see this new tables design in the second site (Permuta Teste 2). We have been working in this new site in this last days and I think our problem with filters is solved now. But we have another problem:

1- Fields don't save correctly when I have a cascading dropdown element in a repeated group.

Site: Permuta Teste 2
Form: "Cadastro"
Group: "cadastro_destino"

Please fill a new form (menu "Registrar inten??o").
Then check the list (menu "Consultar/Alterar Minha intencao"). Some filled fields will be missing in the list (NULL), like "Cidade Destino".
If you access the form from this list, the data is still there and if you save it again to finally see them in the list.
And also saving without change the data saves correctly and if you change something again the NULL appears in the database.

In other words, you have to save the form twice to see the correct datas in the list (when I have a cascading dorpdown element in a repeated group).

Sorry, I got two emails / users confused. That's one of the reasons I hate trying to do support via email, as it's hell trying to match emails with support threads, and email addresses with forum names.

I just searched my gmail box, and I can only find the one set of messages from you, which doesn't have any screencast links in it, the only reference to screencasts is you asking me if I've seen them.

This is why we really, really, don't do support via email, and I really, really need you to post all the information I need to support you on the one thread about any given problem. That way, everything I need is in one place, there's no confusion, no wasted time. I know it may seem simple enough to match an email with a user / thread from where you are, but remember I deal with dozens of different threads and users and problems every day.

I'm logging in to your second site now, to look at the problem in your last post.

-- hugh

No, we don't have ftp access, sorry.
Can you install a copy in your localhost if I send you the codes and database by email?

Hi, Hugh! Do you remember my problem? We talked about that on skype 2 weeks ago - problem with radio button in cascading dropdown plugin when we are using repeatable groups.

We used dropbox and it worked perfectly. :)

But did you fix the radio button?

Thank you :*

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back