how to copy juser plug-in behavior/process?

rongame

hi guys

is it possible to copy the juser plug-in behavior/process. i'd like to add additional elements to jcomments table and turn it into a basic CRM app.

just basic elements such as sales in charge of the comment, date called, feedback and stuff.

thanks guys

hi
Not at all sure what it is you mean to do here? The juser plugin creates a joomla user, how is that related to adding elements to the jcomments table?

hi rob

your right, im just describing the behavior. synchronizing with the jcomments table just as synchronizing with the juser table.
jcomments has its own table right. i want to get the comments already in the table of jcomments. So basically i'll use fabrik to synchronize.

any thoughts of how to achieve this.

thanks

So you want to create a list from an existing database table? If that's it then you create a new list, and under the data tab, rather than entering a new list name, you select the existing database table. I don't know what that is for jcomments but hopefully its fairly obvious when you look in the dropdown list of available tables.

Having been playing around with JComments recently, just building a list on top of the main JComments 'comments' table wouldn't work for adding comments, as there needs to be an 'object' in the JComments objects table that owns the comment(s).

And there is no actual API to be able to insert objects and comments in JComments programmatically. I had to write some custom code for a client a few weeks ago, by copying and modifying a big chunk of JComment's code, to create the object, and add comments to it.

However ... whilst writing that code as part of a custom plugin, it occurred to me that the code could be integrated in to our 'comments' form plugin, to allow automatic creation of a JComment object when adding a new form, and / or automatically adding content from the form as a comment to that object, or some other JComment object, although I'm not sure how we would let people specify which object to add to, if it wasn't to the object specifically associated with that row of that Fabrik form.

So that's the good news - I know (mostly) how we could do this. The bad news, it isn't going to happen any time soon, unless it's done as a custom job for someone. It's not something I have time to "just do" right now, and isn't something covered by a Pro sub.

-- hugh

So to specifically answer your question:

is it possible to copy the juser plug-in behavior/process. i'd like to add additional elements to jcomments table and turn it into a basic CRM app.

No. The juser plugin is very specific to adding Joomla users. To do this kind of thing for JComments woud require an entirely new and entirely different plugin, or by doing some major surgery on our existing comments plugin. While the basic concept may be similar, "syncronizing things in J! when posting a Fabrik form", the code would be very different.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back