How to make 'databasejoin' element readonly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bea

Hi again,
I know, there is also another closed thread in community forum, but without a final solution. I really need a readonly option for db joins and date.
Is this still possible?
If not, my way would be to show a calc of join or date.

Cheers,
Bianka

You have an access control at the elements level now, so you can set the access right for new/edit at a hgher level than the user filling the form.

Reactions: bea
Hi jfquestiaux,
thank you for reply. This works only with the date element, but not with my db join, which is the record_id of another table (related data link).

I really need this feature readonly, otherwise i have to twist around...
Cheers
Bianka

Bea - are you saying you've tried setting the ACL's on the the join element and it isnt working / behaving as expected?

Maybe post a couple of screenshots, or a Jing screencast, so we can see what you settings are, and what the behavior is.

But if you set form (write) access to something the logged on user isn't a member of, you should just get a read only rendering of the join on your form.

-- hugh

Thank you for your support. I was a little bit confused with ACL's settings in Joomla and Fabrik. Now it works like expected.
Cheers
Bianka

Hi Bianka
If you are switching from Joomla1.5 to 2.5 or 3 it's worth to get the new ACL concept (this was one of the big improvements).
It's very important for prefilter settings, too

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back