I knew better, but

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryantw

I'm a new Fabrik user.

I created a simple form that does an autofill -- looks up data in a sugarcrm db, then populates screen allows for changes, saves data back to sugar and all was working fine yesterday. I noticed the updates so I ran the updates on my install. Now one form works that does not have autofill and the other does not complete the autofill and hangs with a white screen and spinning icon.

Should i revert back or is there something I'm missing. I reconfigured form and db connections all all is working except for the autofill form.

I just purchased professional support, but still do not have access to it.

Joomla 3.1.5 and fabrik 3.1.brc1 is now running

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Bryant

I checked the log file and this is what I found.

[25-Oct-2013 18:17:15 UTC] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for PlgFabrik_FormAutofill::eek:nAfterJSLoad(), called in /home/reunions/public_html/www/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /home/reunions/public_html/www/plugins/fabrik_form/autofill/autofill.php on line 48
[25-Oct-2013 18:17:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/reunions/public_html/www/plugins/fabrik_form/autofill/autofill.php on line 54
[25-Oct-2013 18:18:15 UTC] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for PlgFabrik_FormAutofill::eek:nAfterJSLoad(), called in /home/reunions/public_html/www/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /home/reunions/public_html/www/plugins/fabrik_form/autofill/autofill.php on line 48

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Bryant

Hmmm, looks like you must still be running a pre-RC1 version of the autofill plugin.

Can you make sure that got updated? if it thinks it did, and the problem still persists, you'll have to do a full update from github, so all your code is at a matching level.

Basically, there are no arguments to onJsLoad() any more, we made a fairly sweeping change to all our plugins a month or two ago, so we no longer pass in things like $params, the plugin gets it itself using $this->getParams(). So you must be running an old version of autofill, which expects to get $params passed in to onJsLoad(), but the main (updated) component no longer passes it.

-- hugh

Well I tried updating from github and it really made a mess of the list, forms, elements... duplicates and the form autofill plugin still did not work.

I restored from a previous backup and I'm trying to get it working -- I think the above errors occurred during an attempt to get the autofill plugin working.

All my other forms are working, just not the autofill. I try to configure the autofill, its there, but I cannot select a list or field to perform the lookup against. I can choose either site db or my sugar db -- same result no list of lists.. no lookup fields. This form has been working fine for the past 6 weeks using 3.1b After upgrading, nothing --- does it have something to do with the connections?

Any ideas?

If You fill in your site details here http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites/, we'll update it for you if you like.
The errors are from certain files not being from the same release / git revision as other, as Hugh said. So we really do need to get you on a set of the most recent files for all plugins.
Once we have done that we can look at the specific issue of not being able to select anything in admin, this doesn't sound specifically like a Fabrik issue, it may be related to other sytem plugins, or a javascript error on the page. So if you give us a super admin account as well and say which form exhibits the issue we can look

Ok, this is what I found:

After trying the above, I decided to restore from a previous day's back. Checking the current version of fabrik, it showed 3.1.rc1 for everything. I find this curious because it showed in extension "update" that I needed to update my version of fabrik. When I ran the updates it started causing the above problems.

I tried to do a github update, which will be the third time I've completed a github update, it created duplicate "echoes" for various forms, lists, elements - but they were not in the database, and nothing seemed to clear them.

Basically, its all good at this point from the restore. Only issues are three plugins that are still 3.1.b... captcha, paginate, and search.
At this point paginate is the only one i need updated.

I created an account in the sandbox, see my-sites, if you want to look around.

Thanks!

I fixed the captcha and paginate xml's today, so next time we build the install ZIP's, they should install properly. Still tyring to work out why the Search plugin is having issues.

Meanwhile, if you've done a github update, then you have the latest code, even if the extension manager doesn't think you do. If you don't have those plugins installed, just discover and install them in the J! extension manager, after grabbing and uploading the latest github.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back