Import Community Builder Table into Fabrik

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmorrison

Hi, I am trying to import my exsisting community builder database into fabrik. The issue is that only the first half (50%) of the columns (fields) get imported. Here is what I have done. 1. Selected new list 2. Selected details and entered label name. 3. Selected data tab 4. Selected Connection* and chose site database 5. Selected database table and from the dropdown selected jml_comprofiler. Clicked save & close. Selected View data. Again when I view the table it only shows the first half (50%) of the columns (fields) and seems to not import the remaining columns. I checked myphpadmin and all of the columns are listed in jml_comprofiler. How do I resolve this issue. Thanks.

I resolved this issue by using the reset fabrik link which updated the jml_comprofiler table. The problem with this is that it deletes all of your list's. Is there a way to update the table in fabrik so that when I add a new field to community builder I dont have to reset fabrik each time.

hmm you could possibly set your Fabrik list to not alter the existing db table, add an element with the same name as the community builder field you added. That way there would be no need to recreate the list each time.

We definitely should see all the fields in a com_comprofiler table when you create a Fabrik list from one, this is something I do on a regular basis.

We won't automatically see any fields that get added to an existing table from within CB, after you've created the Fabrik lists. So if it's one of their profile tables that add new columns for new profile fields, you will have to do what Rob suggested, set "alter existing field types" to No (so we don't mess with the structure of CB's table), and when you add a new field in CB, you'll have to come and tell us about it, by create an element with the same name as the CB field.

I have a test server instance dedicated to CB compatibility testing, and I just tested building a Fabrik table on top of several of the standard DB tables, with no probems.

So if you genuinely are seeing an issue where we don't "see" all the fields in a CB table when you create a Fabrik list with it, and before you make any changes in CB which might add extra fields, then something is going wrong which is specific to your site, and I'll need to log on to your system and do some testing.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back