[integration] AcyMailing & Fabrik Form

Assuming ACY Mailing still allows that query string based method for driving it, then it should work with Fabrik 3.2. Those instructions aren't refering to any special Fabrik ACY plugin, they just use our standard 'redirect' plugin, using element placeholders in the "jump URL" (i.e. the URL you are redirecting to). So your form just submits, then your browser is redirected to the ACY URL, with the necessary query string arguments to kick off the ACY action, and then redirect back to wherever you want the user to wind up.

Although I think you may need to use full element names in your placeholders, like {yourtable___email} rather than {email}, although either might work. But I'd suggest full names first, then try short names if that doesn't work.

And no, there isn't another solution. Although assuming you are running Fabrik and ACY on the same server, the actual PHP ACY API is fairly easy to drive, so it wouldn't be that hard to write either a PHP submission plugin to do it, or write a dedicated ACY plugin. The former would be quicker but less portable / flexible, as it would have to be form specific, with a fair amount of it 'hard coded" to the specific element names, etc. The latter (a fully fledged form plugin) would take longer, but would be much more flexible and portable, as it could be installed on any form, on any Fabrik install.

If you can't get the 'redirect' method to work - I suggest following the testing instructions they give in the page you pointed to before even trying it through Fabrik - we'd be happy to quote you for doing any custom work you need to create an API based plugin. But it's not something which we could do as part of a subscription.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh
some feedback on this.

The process works well, but I have some further questions.

1. can this redirect option be used in the backend as well, when we tried this it redirected to the front-end so we loose the backend ?
It would be useful to know how you do this.

2. Can we use fabrik to check the status of a users signup in AcyMailing. ie we have our view of users, but want to query acymailing to see if they are subscribed or not ?

Let me know, thanks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back