Issues when creating a record and using 'Add option in front end' in Calendar

chozma

Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well. :D I'm hoping you can help me with the following:

I have a Calendar visualisation that allows you to add an event type called 'Event'. Event is made up of a variety of elements and one of those elements is a db join which has 'Add option in front end' set to yes. Let's call this element 'Event title'. This works great you when are not creating events from the calendar by the way.

The issue comes when the user tries to create an 'Event title' on the fly whilst adding an 'Event' from the calendar eg all in pop-up windows.

So the pop-up window to create the 'Event title' on the fly opens fine. But when you save it closes the pop-up window behind it (eg the one that you were adding your 'Event' to) and displays the calendar. Sometimes the calendar is full of NaN errors and doesn't display the events properly. But not every time. Not sure why.

So when I click save to create the new 'Event title' it seems the system *is* saving the new 'Event title' and creating an 'Event' with the new 'Event title' being added in. So I suspect that clicking the 'Save' button in the create 'Event title' pop-up is saving and closing both pop-up windows. o_O

Any advice on what I could do about this?

Thanks as always,

Hannah

I can't really offer much help on this, as I'm focusing all my calendar energies in to a re-write of the Calendar viz, using the jQuery Fullcalendar plugin:

http://fullcalendar.io/

I'm making good progress, and will be committing a first cut of the new fullcalendar viz hopefully by the end of this week. At which point I can look at making sure your scenario works in the new code.

-- hugh

How exciting - it looks great! Good luck with the coding and thanks for letting me know. I look forward to seeing the new Calendar when you get there.

If you get chance to let me know when there's a commit up with my particular scenario working then I will gladly give it a whirl. I've got a team of testers working through my site at the mo so we can give it a good test drive.

Thanks,

Hannah
x

Hi Hugh,

How is the calendar rewrite going? Do you have an estimated release time yet?

Thanks,

hannah

I've got the basics going, I'll try and find time tonight to push it up to github, but I'm kinda pushed for time, leaving for England tomorrow for my son's wedding.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi Hugh, Hope you had a great time over in Europe - I'm guessing your back home. Life is good here, we just got a golden retriever puppy who is very distracting from my work on account of her cuteness and her lack of coding knowledge! ;)

Just wondering how you are getting on with the calendar and if you have any idea when it might be ready for release into the wild?

Thanks, Hannah x

@Hannah - we got a chocolate lab pup earlier this year, she's now 9 months old, all tail and very little brain. Totally goofy and of course adorable. She's laying on my feet right now. Her full name is Lady Godiva Lindt-Ghirardelli (being chocolate), Della for short, and her In Trouble name is "Della REESE!".

I'm hoping to find some time this week to tidy the code up a little and release the first cut for testing.

Hugb

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@Hugh, ah yes, I am hoping to train the pup to be my feet warmer too, it can be chilly in our house. They are great companions. We now are slowly building up a name for the pup, she's Lili Houdini at the moment. Lili because we loved the name (spelt the Welsh way as she and I hail from there) and Houdini as she managed to escape from the kitchen last night (no idea how o_O) and we think had the night sleeping on the sofa. Oh dear, she won't be happy being back in her bed tonight...

Thanks for the update on the calendar, looking forward to it! :)

Han
x

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back