JoomFish and translated values in the TableView

Status
Not open for further replies.

piri314

Hi,

After applying the last SVN, thanks to the Belinda's posts I have another problem : the datajoined values are shown only in the original language, even they are translated.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
PIRINA

Hi,

I try one more time. In a table (or form), I use datadrop join elements values from different tables. This elements are translated thanks to JoomFish.

Infortunatly, in the table view or form they still in the original language, without call for the existing translation.

Thanks,

PIRINA

Hi Pirina

I've just added the extra code required to do this to the SVN.
The database join elements should now translate for the table, form and read only views.

Cheers
Rob

I've been extremely busy with my day job this week. Been trying to find time to catch up with Fabrik support, but I'm pretty much overwhelmed right now.

Typically, I don't do support by PM. The SMF PM interface is so crappy, I prefer to keep all support issues in the forums, so all the information we need is in one thread. But we seem to have three or four siumilar threads going with you issues, and I've gotten totally confused.

I'm hoping this weekend I'll have some time to get caught up.

-- hugh

arrhhhggg php 4 is so annoying :)

OK the site now seems to be translating correctly. I also got the database drop down filters to translate as well.

Cheers
Rob

PS Yes I live in La Rochelle, but am English - le forum est en anglais, donc tu aura plus de possibilities d'un response si tu ecrire en Angalis, par contre si tu m'envoyes un PM tu peux l'ecrire en francais, si tu trouve ca plus facile (je peux lire mieux que j'ecrire ;)

Hi Rob,

thank you very much, it works now.

Why you talk about php4 ? For JoomFish ?

One question, is it possible to make to edit/modify also in the different languages, without going in the Joomla Admin area ?

PIRINA

I use php5 here- and the original code I put in the SVN worked for php 5, but not for php4. Now it works for both :)

One question, is it possible to make to edit/modify also in the different languages, without going in the Joomla Admin area ?

hehe now we are getting really circular!
The translations are stored in the table jos_jf_content -so you can make a fabrik table that links to that - Im not sure beyond that what else you would need to do but its a start

Hi Rob and Hugh, I have similar problem with joomfish but don't understand solution!
... is necessary the upgrade with the last SVN.
Do you remember the my special template of donneinviaggio.com?
I have the field of table into the code of template.php

thanks for all!
Alan

you need to update to the code found in the SVN - details in my signature. Templates won't change I would imagine (sorry I cant remember your exact template)

Hi Rob, thank for replay, do you see my template.php in action of this link
http://www.donneinviaggio.com/dnn/component/option,com_fabrik/Itemid,95/lang,en/

Yesterday I have upgrade last SNV ...

My questions is:
for solution translate values in table view ... It's a problem if I have the field of elements directly in the code of template.php?

It's custom because I need link the single record of the table to the page with the data in other components (alberghi).

Alan

a custom template in itself isnt a problem, as long as

- your fabrik table has the "allow translation of data" radio button set to "yes" and you have saved your table
- the text you want to translate is in the database table and not handwritten into the template

cheers
Rob

Rob Clayburn said:
arrhhhggg php 4 is so annoying :)

OK the site now seems to be translating correctly. I also got the database drop down filters to translate as well.

Cheers
Rob

HI,

sorry I'm back with this topic.
Maybe, due to some last SVN (726) the translation of the databese drop down filters doesn't work well.
http://euromedinculture.org/component/option,com_fabrik/Itemid,88/lang,en/

In the table : the values in the column "Management" are not translated, but in the DetailedView Form the translation is ok ???

Thanks
PIRINA

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back