Labels missing !

tk5ep

Hi all,

I made a fresh install of latest Fabrik version + Github update.

I'm using french language in Joomla, the Fabrik files are not in french and even worse, i have a lot of labels that are not existing in the language files, for example :
COM_FABRIK_FIELD_GROUP_BY_ACCESS_LABEL, etc...

I noticed that when i switch to english backend language, all labels are there.

Any help ?

Patrick

It seems the French admin language file is a copy of an older English one (so new labels COM_FABRIK... are missing)
Somebody has to translate ;)

As a workaround you can copy ...administrator\components\com_fabrik\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_fabrik.ini to ...administrator\components\com_fabrik\language\fr-FR\fr-FR.com_fabrik.ini to get at least all texts in English.

Thanks,

Will do that as a workaround. fr-FR files in this state should not be published for the version 3 ...
I've translated a LOT of language files for different J! components (Phoca, Joomshopping, etc..). Depending of my interest and if i decide to use Fabrik, i could help.

Cheers,
Patrick

"I corrected my signature... i've used Fabrik some years ago... "

fr-FR files in this state should not be published

We've found that publishing incomplete translations is more effective than not publishing them, as it encourages people to help by contributing complete (or at least, more complete) files for us.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Cant you please tell me where all language files are located ? I've tried to translate at least the menus, but after reload, nothing has changed.
I've found differences in number of files. 3 in en-En and 2 in fr-FR ... ?

Thanks,

They are in the usual places ...

Back end: ./administrator/components/com_fabrik/language
Front end: ./components/com_fabrik/language

Then every plugin has it's own language folder.

BTW, I just noticed the fr-FR files don't have quotes around the language, like the en-GB ones do. That might be an issue.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I meant in the download package... I found them.

The frontend is partialy translated, the backend is in english.

I translated some lines of the backend to see if it works > OK.
I translated the component menu file, but no changes.... Don't know why ! The Fabrik menu must be built on another way.

btw, language files are sometimes at different places and sometimes are in .php format, not ini.

I did a nearly complete German fabrik backend translation (I didn't find the backend menu,too), I can't remember any .php file, which ones are you referring to?

Hi,

I didn't make any reference to Fabrik php files. I was telling that there are several other components that don't use .ini language files, but where translations are in different php files.

Indeed, translating the menu.ini file doesn't change the backend menu. It must be hidden somewhere else.. . ;-)
It also already happened to me for other components... :)

They are in the usual places ...

Back end: ./administrator/components/com_fabrik/language
Front end: ./components/com_fabrik/language

Then every plugin has it's own language folder.

BTW, I just noticed the fr-FR files don't have quotes around the language, like the en-GB ones do. That might be an issue.

-- hugh

BUT... if all the language files are in their right place (plugin language files under their own language folder) with right names, messages are matching messages in fields.xml, the phrases have quotes around and I still read such messages as PLG_ELEMENT_BIRTHDAY_NUMBER_OF_YEARS_LABEL? Where should we look for the error?
As you have seeni I am talking about birthday element where I'm trying to commit the same features as in F2

PLG_ELEMENT_BIRTHDAY_NUMBER_OF_YEARS_LABEL
It exits in
\plugins\fabrik_element\birthday\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_fabrik_element_birthday.ini
and displays correct in English backend.

Maybe it's missing (or a typo) in your language file.
I think if your language file exists but contains a "formatting" error (some unbalaced quotes anywhere or file not saved as UTF-8 No BOM) the PLG_ELEMENT... strings are displayed.

BTW: this menu item issue has been solved meanwhile

No, in my version this plugin is absolutely without any translation, no matter I set backend to English or Estonian. The files are correctly in their places. I made even fake-estonian folder and files (that are actually in English). And yes, all they are saved as UTF8 No BOM.

No, in my version this plugin is absolutely without any translation, no matter I set backend to English or Estonian. The files are correctly in their places. I made even fake-estonian folder and files (that are actually in English). And yes, all they are saved as UTF8 No BOM.

Now it seems to be solved. Who knows what there was. I just copied the content of xml and language file from github, pasted into the files in my server and saved...

Now it seems to be solved. Who knows what there was. I just copied the content of xml and language file from github, pasted into the files in my server and saved...

I said it too early. After I added some new messages to xml and ini, all messages became untranslated.

Strage.
I can add a dummy option to field.xml + new language strings in de-DE and get the translated strings.

Maybe re-installing the birthday plugin will help.

Clear for me! Added messages in language file step by step and got answer.
The problem came from ()-s in language file. Such message as DATE(AGE). I didn't suspect it first as in F2 wasn't problem with the ()-s.
Thanks, Troester, you helped me to think :)

Do you mean ()'s in the translated text, or in the token itself?

Things like ...

FOO(BAR)="Foo bar"

... won't work. But ...

FOO_BAR="Foo (bar)"

... should work.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back