Link element link target not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrh74a

It's me again, I've got an element set as a link type and chose the Link Target to be _blank, to launch a new window, but when clicking on the link it is openning in the current window? Any ideas what I might have got wrong this time!

Cheers
Mark

Hmmm, I don't think you can specify a 'target' like that. We just use the URL field as the 'href' part of the 'a' link. Currently there is no way of specifying the 'target' part of the 'a' link.

-- hugh

Hmmm, very strange, there is a drop down box on the Edit Form Element page which is titled "Link Target" and the tool tip help for it says "Link Target - Defines what window to open the link in". But as you say it does nothing, Oh well.

Is there a way I can edit the PHP to make the links open in a new window, adding the Target to the tag?

Cheers
Mark

Oh, sorry, brain fart, I thought you meant you were putting that in the front end on a form. My bad.

I'll take a look, see why it ain't working.

-- hugh

OK, looks like we were using the 'link target' when rendering the link element in a table, but not in a 'read only' form view.

Can you just confirm that it was a read only form where the target wasn't working?

This is now fixed in the latest SVN code.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back