Link element not working in 3.0.7

I have a list with a link element. Existing items in the list work fine. If I want to add a new item, the link field isn't working. Instead of showing the two fields of label and path, it doesn't show any editable field. What's going on?

hi
what are you element's access settings (they're located under the access tab, when you edit the element).
If they seem ok, save the element anyway, if not edit them and still save the element.
Does the issue persist?

-Rob

OK, I have more information, and this is interesting.

First, I'm pretty sure it's not an access issue, and I've also discovered it's not a problem with the link element type. I have a bunch of lists, all set up similar. They generally have a link to a pdf document, with a title, date, etc. This is a government site, listing tax forms and statutes and things like that.

I don't allow any front end editing. To edit the lists, I go in through the back end and click "View Data" on my list. If I click "edit" on an existing item in the list, it works fine; I can edit all the fields and they display as they should. It also allows saving without a problem.

The problem occurs when I click the "add" button to add a new item. The first element in the list of elements is uneditable - meaning I can't add anything to that field. It doesn't seem to matter which type of element. Generally, I have a link as the first element which is why I thought it was related to links. But no matter what element type it is, as long as it's in the first position, I can't edit it. If I change the order of elements, then whatever is the new first element will now be uneditable.

However, if I go ahead and create the new item and save it, it will save OK, but the first element will obviously be empty. But now I can go in and edit the newly created item; all elements will appear OK, and I can add the missing info into the first element and save it.

How's that for fun?

BTW, I'm on Joomla 2.5.9, and as mentioned, Fabrik 3.0.7.

I'm not sure what we did in github to fix the issue. I suspect we'll put out a 3.0.7.1 ZIP at some point this week, as there have been several gotchas fixed since we built 3.0.7. Always happens, as soon as we build a ZIP, we discover bugs that really have to be fixed.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back