Links at top of List

rosede

Filipino Students First Foundation, Inc
I just created my first couple of tables and created a "List" view on a page. I see what appears to be links that will allow me to sort the data. I'm not sure how to remove these links. I don't see anything in the settings.

Screenshot from 2017-07-06 05-43-03.png

What setting do I need to turn them off?

Thank you.

Daryl

It seems you don't have a compatible Joomla template (Fabrik is relying on Joomla's Bootstrap2).
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/prerequisites/#fabrik-3-4-2

The links are not for sorting but (in a correct template) dropdown options for grouping.
If you want a sortable list column you must enable "Allow ordering" in element settings (List view settings).

That's odd, because that is the default template that comes with Joomla.

Now that I read the link that you posted, it might be "breez3", I don't remember. I'll have to look later when I'm at that machine and if it is, I'll add com_fabrik to the "Components Requiring Bootstrap" as the documentation say's.

Thank you for the reply.

Daryl

Yup, that does look like beez3, which is not Bootstrap, but as you say, can be configured to include the Bootstrap JS and CSS. However, I've never actually tried using it. Protostar is our reference template. Personally, when I want something good looking, I use Gantry, which Fabrik works well with (if you install the Fabrik BS3 overrides).

-- hugh

Yup, that does look like beez3, which is not Bootstrap, but as you say, can be configured to include the Bootstrap JS and CSS. However, I've never actually tried using it. Protostar is our reference template. Personally, when I want something good looking, I use Gantry, which Fabrik works well with (if you install the Fabrik BS3 overrides).

-- hugh

I changed the theme back to Protostar. Right now it doesn't matter what theme I use. Right now Fabrik is a Proof-of-Concept for me. I want to try it out and see if it'll work for my needs, or if I have to keep searching for another solution.

I've used Gantry in other projects, and I really like it, but RocketTheme T'd me off, and I will no longer use Gantry or their theme's.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll have more questions and need more help soon.

Daryl

RT have gotten better. They used to have all kinds of nasty issues with not playing well in the shared sandbox, that made accommodating their themes in Fabrik a pain the ass, but they've definitely improved in the last few years.

-- hugh

RT have gotten better. They used to have all kinds of nasty issues with not playing well in the shared sandbox, that made accommodating their themes in Fabrik a pain the ass, but they've definitely improved in the last few years.

-- hugh

For me its their support model. I'm okay with posting questions to a support forum, I'm doing it right now, but I have issues with the only response being, give us your admin credentials so we can log in and see what's going on. I posted this question, with a screenshot, and right away someone responded back telling me what I did wrong. No one asked me for me admin credentials so they could have access to my site.

Daryl

We often do ask, if it's something we can't figure out from descriptions and screenshots. But we try and exhaust non-invasive options first.

-- hugh

We often do ask, if it's something we can't figure out from descriptions and screenshots. But we try and exhaust non-invasive options first.

-- hugh

I can respect that. I can understand that at some point you exhaust all of your options and you get to the point where you have to log in and an take a look. But RT wouldn't even look at the screenshots that I uploaded, or read the details that I wrote up. I try to be as clear as possible and so the person reading my issue can uderstand what I'm trying to explain. But the first reply was asking for my creditials. After the second occurance of this, I dropped my subsrption and decided to find a new designer. To bad, because I really like Gantry as well as their themes.

Daryl

I understand your position, but I also kind of understand Gantry's. Doing tech support in the J! world is very difficult. You are dealing with a wide range of skillsets (skewed towards the low end), language barriers, and a platform where no two client systems are the same, and problems are often down to unique combinations of 3rd party plugins. And it is very often just quicker and easier to jump on someone's system and take a look, than to go through the back and forth on a forum. That said, it shouldn't be the reflexive first thing you do.

Personally I'd say stick with Gantry, as their product is high quality, they have become a reference for a lot of other extensions, and they have legs (they aren't going to disappear).

-- hugh

I understand your position, but I also kind of understand Gantry's. Doing tech support in the J! world is very difficult. You are dealing with a wide range of skillsets (skewed towards the low end), language barriers, and a platform where no two client systems are the same, and problems are often down to unique combinations of 3rd party plugins. And it is very often just quicker and easier to jump on someone's system and take a look, than to go through the back and forth on a forum. That said, it shouldn't be the reflexive first thing you do.

Personally I'd say stick with Gantry, as their product is high quality, they have become a reference for a lot of other extensions, and they have legs (they aren't going to disappear).

-- hugh

During my last issue with RT, I got frustrated because the person didn't even look at the screenshots that I posted. after several back and forth's about needing my credentials, I was finally told that if I didn't like his support that I could complain to the customer service, which I did. Someone from their engineering team looked at my posting and quickly diagnosed the issue, I asked why the person helping me on the posting didn't do that. I was told that was their support model. Basically, if I didn't like it, then I could find another vendor, so I canceled my subscription.

I appreciate the help that you and others give me.

Thank you

Daryl

Back