"list csv export time issue" *BUG*

IamJim

Steps taken so far

1) Like a good boy, I seached for = list csv export time issue = "no results"

2) Double check J2.5.6 that I had the correct time/server set Chicago.

3) My remote/leased servers are In Texas [cst also]

The issue? I have just exported the "list" and the last entry =
{this is a "line copy" from XLS/CSV

274 274 07/12/12 07/12/12 07:51 PM Carrier carrier J B J Transport LLC J B J Transport LLC Jamaica Johnson Jamaica Johnson 410-265-7778 410-265-7778 410-265-7778 410-265-7778

Jun 2012 Jun 2012
4) ??? In Red above, is "time/date" "Into the future".. I just the person I am paying that did this entry... and they said they just did it 20/30 minutes , and he is in California...PST.. 8:43am NOW...so it would have been almost 8am PST and 10AM CST (My server time)

I downloaded this about 30 minutes ago = 10:15am CST

Just what is wrong here please?

Depends on what you are exporting in the CSV. If you are exporting "raw" values, it'll be in UTC (GMC). If you are exporting non-raw values, it'll be in your J! time zone. or you can export both raw and non-raw.

For example ...

"28-06-2012 17:42","2012-06-28 22:42:08"

... is the non-raw and then raw values of a time field I just exported. The first value is the 'non-raw', i.e. how it would be represented in a standard fabrik list display, with the formatting specified in the date's 'list format' setting, and with my J! TZ applied, which in my case is CST (GMT-5). The second value is the raw value, which is always going to be GMT, in standard MySQL format of YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.

You can control the raw / non-raw export choices in the CSV options under the List settings.

-- hugh

Super --hugh to the rescue, and thanks..for this..(it'll come in handy in a wiki post)

Sorry for late reply...but read it the moment it came in...

Now please "riddle me this" JazzFan.. O0

(Which reminds me, would you like to buy my Washburn J8 "Memhis".. I already sold of my Peavey 50w Tube "Delta Blues Classic")

1) The server is CST, and so am I.. -8gmt Did the post from his location.. Just wondering why it picked up his "time" please and not the server?

Reason "I need to know" is the app I "want to do" involves Crons running and then sending out email/sms upon a "new listing" in another form {list} yet to build and JOIN etc...and the "alerts" need to "jive to real time" as much as they can..

[ The final goal of my mission with Fabrik...should I choose to to accept it ] <big azz grin> is this is to be hooked up to Real Time Satellite GPS Phone tracking...and just the renewal license for the service alone is $ 25,000.00 and there's a set up charge (not sure what's involved yet) and also a PING charge per "phone" based on "radius"

"BUMP" - ing the Radius Plugin at this moment also 8)

2) In the "out of the box, by the tutorial etc.. in other words...I touched nothing else not mentioned thru doing this, I do not have the "time" in my "export" (as mentioned...nothing touched) but just the date (attached imaged) and wondering How/why or the method to the madness one is showing (defaulted somewhere) and the other is not?

IOW [in other words] May I easily set these?...and baffled about the PST -8 showing on post to a -6 server.

Please?

Thanks again !!

Jim

Attachments

• csvexport-notime.png
    csvexport-notime.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 190
You can set your date element to "Store date as Local Time", this should stop the UTC +- handling (be aware that already stored values are then interpreted as local time).

And please - can you imagine that non-native-English-speaking people (like me) may have some difficulties to get the main points in your posts;)

Correct and thank you, as I saw that while "taking my time, I'm just moving along" [until I stumbled on a 'cracked JOIN'] <smile ...with a serious frown, as I don't think I can get past the walking stages, into a run...then "take flight"..> the existing tutorial based 2.x...while also taking 'physical notes step-by-step' as to ADD to the journey <wiki>

BUT~~ JC has Faith...everyone needs a little help along the way~~

Anything "everyone chirps" in on w/my questions [even that CyBorg Bauer dude] is also adding so I thank "you'all"
but regarding
(be aware that already stored values are then interpreted as local time).
a) Not all the answers here yet...but thanks...and looking forward to the "top guns" chiming in when they have time also.

b) As it is now, is fine..[storing as it is, local to the Browser] but this so far is based on PC and not a mobile device...actually a "good thing" in a sense for 1/2 my "madness" of still hanging on....as I already am "detecting" the LTZ [Local Time Zone] of when (at least the date is showing) now.. and be able to 'discern' actually what I feel at present is a 'better solution' at present until the GPS tracking comes into play. As the 'lastKnownEntry' is coming from a 'timeZone'

So, I am considering this an 'Undocumented Special Feature' <wink>

c) See? It ain't all that bad...so far, is it really?

http://www.pinkfloydfan.net/t12513-introducing-the-good-doctor.html

Here to help:

http://www.pinkfloydfan.net/t12513-introducing-the-good-doctor.html

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back